Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Trade union legal services...is it true you can get a will written ?

(12 Posts)
AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 23-Dec-12 22:45:51

I have looked up the company that offers will writing for my particular union. I can't see anything about charges on the site. Surely not free ? Is that too much to ask ?

Anybody any idea how much they might charge before I contact them (and potentially get a hard sell I can't be arsed with) ?

babybarrister Mon 24-Dec-12 12:59:46

Contact mumblechum on heresmile

Daisy03 Mon 24-Dec-12 13:02:10

I had one written up this year, just called up the company with my union membership, and all done for free, no hard sell on anything.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 24-Dec-12 13:31:00

wow, Daisy

I must be bloody cynical, because who gets stuff free these days ?

forgets about 25 quid a month union fees

MOSagain Mon 24-Dec-12 15:51:10

I second babybarrister's recommendation for mumblechum. She is a qualified lawyer and will writer and has an advert in small businesses. She has done wills for lots of mumsnetters who all speak highly of her. PS, glad MNHQ let you keep your name again this year wink

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 24-Dec-12 16:30:00

ooh thanks, MOS smile

Daisy03 Mon 24-Dec-12 16:35:32

Was through thompsons solicitors, took a couple of months to go through once I sent in the initial paperwork but was a really simple process.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 24-Dec-12 16:36:15

have pm'ed you daisy

Tigerbomb Mon 24-Dec-12 16:50:56

I third(ly?) recommend Mumblechum. Her prices are more than reasonable and it's a fabulous service too

Unison do wills for free at the moment.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 24-Dec-12 17:40:03

thanks guys

if I can get it for free through my union, although I believe ole Mumble is very reasonable and very fab......

mumblechum1 Thu 27-Dec-12 12:56:21

Less of the ole, AF! grin

Hope you get sorted but if not (and for anyone else thinking of doing a will as one of their NY resolutions, I have a special offer on at the moment, on my paid for ad in Small Business Classifieds.

thanks to MOS, BB and Tigerbomb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now