Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

can i invoice for my time?

(6 Posts)
flowerytaleofNewYork Mon 10-Dec-12 10:09:39

What time would you be invoicing for? Do you mean time you've worked that they say you haven't, which is why they say they've overpaid you more than you think?

Sorry not quite with you. Either way, invoicing them isn't going to help you, sorting out exactly what amount they've overpaid you by is what you need to focus on.

Why do you disagree?

Delalakis Sat 08-Dec-12 11:20:24

Have you paid back the amount you say is correct? That might be one of the quickest ways to choke them off, and would put you on the moral high ground.

olgaga Fri 07-Dec-12 18:39:05

Ask them for a breakdown of the amount they are asking to be returned so you can check it and raise any issues with them. Then offer a monthly payment you can manage. But you do have to pay it back!

mummaxmas Fri 07-Dec-12 18:33:57

well i dont agree the amount, its over double what i say they paid me over!!!

Collaborate Fri 07-Dec-12 13:10:24

No. There should be no dispute. They paid you in error, you have to repay it.

mummaxmas Fri 07-Dec-12 12:25:19

my ex employers have paid me wrongly and its taking some time to come to an agreement. as this is not my error can i invoice them for my time?? i mean legally not morally, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now