Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Do private events needs bouncers legally?

(3 Posts)
FudgeyCookie Wed 21-Nov-12 20:09:03

My auntie organised a suprise 40th birthday for my uncle at a local motel. They told her that legally she now has to have bouncers for the party to take place, I guess in case anything kicks off. The party was on saturday, and when we got there, there were no bouncers outside. When asked about it, my aunt was told that the 2 bar men were the bouncers.

So, by law did she have to have bouncers present?

Collaborate Wed 21-Nov-12 21:09:17

Maybe it's a term of their license.

MOSagain Fri 23-Nov-12 12:30:25

I've had this recently trying to organise a charity function in a local council communicty hall. They said I had to have 'security' as it was a ticketed event and the security had to be by a regulated company which would have cost a considerable amount of money so I'm using the local school hall instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now