Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Company Director + credit history

(1 Post)
Holly2021 Sat 17-Nov-12 19:35:11

Been asked to be a director of a new company - in fact, a voluntary organisation I'm involved with on the brink of becoming a CLG so it can engage workers, trade and, in due course, also become a charity.

I no longer have CCJs against me - I did in the past as part of a couple but the debts have been fully serviced so that much is history - but my other half does have a current CCJ against him. (It's something he's dealing with through legal channels.)

So, altogether our credit history isn't good and I doubt that if credit checks against the individual directors were done, I'd be OK.

The organization already has a bank account - I'm not a signatory - and I have no reason to believe that my details would need to be relayed to the bank if/when the account is changed to reflect the fact that we're a company.

I'm not barred from being a co director (I've checked the rules), but I am worried that this history will come up and I would, naturally, be mortified.

Anyone with experience of becoming a co director in similar experiences? Any thoughts gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now