Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

solicitors preparing bundles

(8 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 12-Nov-12 21:40:12

There is a practice direction at part 27 of family procedure rules 2010smile

MOSagain Mon 12-Nov-12 14:25:15

LOL, not heard that saying for a few years. I did try to do my own, time permitting but you know how it is. Bill, bill, bill....................

mumblechum1 Mon 12-Nov-12 14:08:17

I always did my own, my secretary was lovely but easily distracted and it was my cock on the block (figuratively speaking!) if the paginating was wrong or the judge had a completely unrelated document in the middle of his bundle this never happened to me ohno

MOSagain Mon 12-Nov-12 14:03:10

and are normally frantically prepared by secretarys/trainees 2 days before wink

mumblechum1 Mon 12-Nov-12 13:36:24

You should receive a draft Index a couple of weeks before the hearing. You need to check it carefully and if you want to add or delete anything, let the other side know 7 days before the hearing.

Bundles are supposed to be distributed 3 working days before the hearing starts.

smiler01 Mon 12-Nov-12 12:51:45

Oh sorry lol it's in the family court

OhDearSpareHeadTwo Mon 12-Nov-12 12:47:20

criminal or civil ?

smiler01 Mon 12-Nov-12 11:26:52

Hi

Just wondered if someone could tell me. Solicitors who are preparing the bundles for court at what sort of time do they start to do them or at least when do their assistants do them? is it usually just a few days prior to the hearing??

Were just trying to work out when we should expect to receive the index to agree etc. Court isn't for 3 weeks but just trying to be prepared

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now