Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

collaborate, mumblechum, phr47bridge, STIDW, babybarrister

(14 Posts)
Anonyanon Fri 05-Oct-12 14:09:41

My DH has been trying over several years to get a reasonable contact pattern for his children and 3 weeks ago had a final hearing where the judge ordered everything he'd asked for.  Last weekend was the first time in several months where he and the children had contact for a full weekend and is the start of a decent pattern of ongoing contact.  They spent a day outdoors doing an activity they all enjoy and the next day met up with a family member the children haven't seen for a year due to the contact problems. 

DH used a solicitor and a barrister at times over the last 2 years but money is tight and we couldn't always afford it so he did as much as he could himself.  As a result I've posted on the legal board quite a few times over the last couple of years under different names to protect our anonymity. I particularly posted at times when DH was losing his nerve such as when his ex was threatening to stop all contact with the children if he pursued the matter through solicitors.

We've obviously been able to thank in person the people who helped him in real life. (Though we wish we could have thanked her solicitor.  We're quite sure she managed to attenuate some of the dispute and helped resolve the matter as amicably and quickly as was possible given her client and despite the fact it went to a final contested hearing!).

However, we also wanted to say thanks very much for your advice  which several times helped DH work out what to do or kept him on the right track.  DH and I are very grateful.  

thanks thanks

Collaborate Fri 05-Oct-12 14:34:12

You're very welcome.

MOSagain Fri 05-Oct-12 17:44:35

shock blimey, theres a first! Very nice to read though

Boomboomboomboom Fri 05-Oct-12 19:39:33

What a lovely post :-)

STIDW Fri 05-Oct-12 21:03:13

That's made my day. It's a long time since anyone sent me flowers.

babybarrister Fri 05-Oct-12 21:38:13

Pleasuresmile - yes I cannot remember last time I got any flowers either from client or dh!!!

prh47bridge Fri 05-Oct-12 22:53:17

Happy to help. Prompted me to get my wife some flowers today! smile

mumblechum1 Sat 06-Oct-12 04:43:32

<<feels warm and fuzzy>>

You're welcome!
smile

babybarrister Sat 06-Oct-12 21:34:56

I always thought prh was a lady grin -!

RandomMess Sat 06-Oct-12 21:38:17

Aw that's lovely to see some apprectiation, so glad you've got contacted sorted too.

MOSagain Sun 07-Oct-12 07:42:15

ah, now I guessed bridgy was another man. grin

I too would like to thank all of you that so tirelessly post in legal. Getting away and subsequently dealing with my abusive ex has been gruelling. Mumblechum, collaborate and STIDW amongst others have been so helpful and introduced me to the pleasures of TOLATA, leave to remove and prohibited steps orders. It has really helped me to operate from a stronger position and stand up to my ex (he's scared of lawyers and also too tight to actually go to court even when I've submitted papers). Also thanks to prh when I had trouble with school admissions.

More thanks

mumblechum1 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:53:30

blush smile

ToothbrushThief Sun 07-Oct-12 19:55:56

Lovely post smile. I'll add my thanks for legal input- have also NCed a lot for privacy. It's sometimes been a calming fast response when I was having a mini panic. You've helped me stay sane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now