Will the urge for more ever stop!?

(9 Posts)
rainbowsandtoadstools Thu 03-Nov-16 09:34:00

Im a married mum of 3 amazing DCs

DD 7 DS 4 & DD 2

Was adamant we was done at 3 but since the youngest has turned 2 I'm feeling so broody again, I love everything about being pregnant & raising another child would be amazing, but if we had another would I feel broody again in a couple of years, does it ever end? Do you ever know when you done?

rainbowsandtoadstools Thu 03-Nov-16 09:35:09

Oops Ds is 5 blush

getthatsoungoutofmyheadplease Fri 04-Nov-16 11:55:46

I wonder if some people just have a number. Ours was always 4, we did try and pretend that it was 3, but who were we kidding! we still have that empty place at the table feeling.

Now that we have 4 the desire for more had completely gone, I took my maternity clothes to the charity shop pretty much the first time I left the house after DC4 was born.

griffinsss Sat 05-Nov-16 03:00:59

I hope it goes confused

Philoslothy Sat 05-Nov-16 03:07:47

We have six and a stepson. I am seriously broody although I know that I should not have any more. So for me it doesn't go away

yiska Sat 05-Nov-16 03:12:41

I think it can go... and then come back!

You can feel well, not done but focused on something else. Maybe existing children or work or other life stuff. And so you don't necessarily want more at that point.

And then... bam you're back after X years thinking ahhhh pregnancy, babies I want that!

rainbowsandtoadstools Wed 09-Nov-16 21:46:30

I think your right!

It went and now it's back, I was hoping it would stop once we have dc3 but it hasn't!

I think I get a 2 year itch..... lol

user1478904621 Wed 16-Nov-16 22:41:45

I've got 5 & the youngest is nearly 6. I've been broody on & off for the last 2yrs. I'm going through a phase now lol. I'm 42 now though & would be worried something would go wrong. It does make me feel sad that I'll never experience the whole bump/little kicks/newborn snuggles thing again 😔

flippyflapper Mon 28-Nov-16 14:22:43

I have 5 and the youngest are soon to be 5, after they were born I was happy with no more (twins)

For the last 2 ish years I have been so broody so for me it hasn't gone it has got worse and I think having that little clock ticking for age and knowing you have a certain time if you do want another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now