Favourite child??

(3 Posts)
Jleah Thu 03-Nov-16 09:17:46

I have 5 children 10year old, 3year old and 6month old triplets.
I love every one of them the same and try my hardest to give each of them the same amount of individual attention. They are beautiful all so different in looks and personality.

My problem is that one of my triplets is like no other baby Iv see she has the biggest blue eyes, very striking. Honestly she looks like she should be modelling in a catalog. When people see her they completely ignore my other children. It's everyone family, friends people on the streets. I understand she is beautiful but how can people be push my other kids aside??

Most people come in my house and go straight to her don't even say hi to the rest of them. My oldest gets so upset she is such a cuddly girl and family members have stopped hugging her soon as they get in the door so they can get to my little one quicker

(Angry) few nights ago my cousin said to my face "thankfully you have her to make up for the ugly one!" I have never been so angry I asked her twice what she meant and she kept saying "it's true the others aren't as cute"
I chucked her out and will never speak to her again

Has anyone ever had similar problems I don't know how to deal with this

griffinsss Sat 12-Nov-16 01:07:44

I can't believe this shockI've never had an experience like it myself. Actually shocked.

KarmaNoMore Sat 12-Nov-16 01:16:41

I have 2 cousins who had lived through the same. My aunt did her best to even things out for them but the comments of people like your cousin, really ruined the relationship between them and condemned my "not that beautiful" cousin to a life of being put down as the ugly duckling even when she is beautiful herself.

I really think that chucking your cousin out is not the way to go, your girls will be receiving this sort of comments through out their lives. It is about ensuring they both feel beautiful, are considerate to each other and really treasure each other so these comments have no effect on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now