3 kids on low income

(5 Posts)
sophree Sun 04-Sep-16 16:03:26

Does anyone else have this?
And how do you cope ??
Really really worried. About finances.
DP works all the hours he can in low paid work. Not much chance of getting anything better.
We have no family help with childcare so I haven't been able to get a job... As soon as all kids are school hopefully I'll be able to get something.
I just can't stop worrying about money.

AppleAndBlackberry Sun 04-Sep-16 16:07:24

Is there anything you could do in an evening or on a Saturday? Babysitting, supermarket, pub? Does DP work regular enough hours to enable you to look for something?

sophree Sun 04-Sep-16 16:15:44

No unfortunately he works all different shifts. Nightshift, backshift, earlies.
And to make it even harder he only finds his shifts out a week in advance every Thursday.... He has been promoted though and most likely will be again in the next year but it doesn't come with a massive amount of extra money.

Trytowin Sun 04-Sep-16 16:24:07

Hope you don't mind me posting as I don't have kids but you could try money saving for your 'job' trying to find offers/ vouchers/ competitions. Try money saving expert competitions board for comps. It's not guaranteed obviously but you never know! I also do surveys where you are paid in return for doing them, mine has been limited as most surveys are for families and parents.

It's not going to make a fortune but could help you feel better about it and could be done whenever depending on DPs shifts

sophree Sun 04-Sep-16 16:31:35

Yeah those are great tips. I already do try and enter free completions and do surveys. I also have quite a successful Depop where I sell on anything we don't need (lots of I'll slim in to it clothesgrinblush)
We can Scrape by until there in school I guess.
Would just really appreciate speaking to someone in the same boat I guess

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now