Weekend routine with 4 kids.

(4 Posts)
Cathaka15 Sat 23-Jul-16 08:50:20

I have 4 dc. Ds16 dd14 and has sn ds12 and little dd15 months. I feel I'm missing a step at weekends. All my day goes on cleaning and feeding. I'm very organised with my time and try to run the house as smoothly as I can. But the days seem very long and boring. At the moment we are having an extension built for dd with sn so clubs are out at the moment as it's just too expensive. What are your routines on the weekend with a larger family?

imip Sat 23-Jul-16 22:38:21

My ages are different to yours, but I have 4 dds aged 9, 8, 6 and 4. My 8yo has ASD and a good routine is absolutely essential to our existence, so sat and sun mornings are well planned. Sat morn oldest 3 have gymnastics. Hopefully dd4 will start in sept. Classes run from 9-1 for each and I may go to cafe/park between each class. Sun we do the same with swimming. We may have pancakes in the morning, classes currently from 11-1, all usually swimming/class alternating. Afternoons usually free for birthday parties etc. I feel we need more structure to the afternoons, but we do also need flexibility for our NT kids who don't need such structured timing. If nothing's planned in the afternoon, we may do a family movie.

Tbh in the warmer weather, we've has a lot of group picnics and late nights, which has the added element of giving dh and I a social life grin

Tsotofamily Sun 04-Sep-16 13:24:00

I have 4 dcs - 9, 8, 4 and 6 weeks tomo. Dd3 arrive in time for 6 weeks so things have been very relaxed. But as of next week sat mornings will be football with ds in the afternoon we either go roller skating, swimming or kids have parties the evening is normally snuggled up watching sat night tv depending what's on. Sun we normally chill sometimes we may go swimming, park or go visit my nan. But I normally work every other weekend so my weekends off I just want to spend it enjoying my time with kids, I'll do basics like laundry, washing up, cooking.
We normally have a family movie night on Fri

Cathaka15 Sun 04-Sep-16 13:59:45

Tsot- sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now