Unexpected expecting No3

(6 Posts)
noitsachicken Sat 23-Apr-16 15:44:47

Just found out I am pregnant, about 7 wks.
We had talked about a third, just wasn't ready for it quite yet.
DS1 is 3.10, DS2 is 16 months.
DS1 will have not long started school, DS2 won't even be two.
Will have to have another ELCS, not sure I can do it all again.
Tell me positives about having three, and how to handle the enevitable 'are you hoping for a girl' comments.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sat 23-Apr-16 15:49:07

I have 3. The third is 5 months old. The other 2 were 2 and 1 when she was born - 13 months between them. Now 2 and 3.

I find it fine. Get a good double pram and keep on top of the washing.

The older 2 play pretty well with each other so that helps as does the fact they are good sleepers. They are devoted to their little sister and adore her.

noitsachicken Sat 23-Apr-16 16:19:06

Thankyou.
Oh god a double pram, I avoided that with no 2.

MummyBtothree Sat 23-Apr-16 16:26:28

We've got 3 boys aged 14, 12 and 3. DS no. 3 was a complete suprise and because of the age gap its been just like having our first again, ive had my 'L' plates on lol. I must admit, I did get rather fed up of being asked if I was trying for a girl/disappointed at another boy which really infruriates me. Just try to get really organised with the chores and keep on top of the laundry. Dont put too much pressure on yourself either.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 23-Apr-16 16:30:01

You've got the sameish gaps as me I think, 4.2, 21 months with a newborn. All teens now. All boys.

It's fine. You'll be fine. The girl comments - I think if you arent concerned what you have, that'll come across. Just laugh it off.

Congratulations.,

noitsachicken Sat 23-Apr-16 17:56:02

Thanks.
I don't think it's sunk in yet. I am burying my head in the sand a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now