4 vs 5 year age gap between 2nd and 3rd

(3 Posts)
ayesar Sun 17-Apr-16 04:58:24

For those who have 3 or more kids with a 4 or 5 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd, how did you find it? I have been trying to find some advice online but not much luck. My mom thinks the larger the age gap the better as I will have more time with the 3rd and life will be easier. But I feel like I don't want the third to be completely left out if the other 2 are so much older. Thinking about having a 2 year old and 7 and 9 year olds seems strange. The little one would be like an only child right?

So 4 vs 5 year age gap, what do you think?

AStreetcarNamedBob Sun 17-Apr-16 05:51:10

I would say the closer the better but my youngest is only 2 weeks. We went for smaller gap so the 3rd wasn't left out

Tsotofamily Sun 17-Apr-16 16:56:30

I have almost 4 year gap between dc 2 & 3 and it's been Ok. I wouldn't say youngest is left out as dc2 & 3 get along really well. Where's as 1 & 2 have days where there best friends or keep arguing. I have an 16 month gap between 1 & 2 and loved it.
I'm know expecting dc 4 and there will be roughly 4 years and 6 months between 3 & 4 but I'm not concerned about the gap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now