Planned pregnancy but feeling regret

(8 Posts)
sidonie1 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:34:43

I've read of several others feeling this way and would love to hear how you got on. I have three children, 3, 1.5 and 1.5. I really wanted one more after the twins and am in the early stages of pregnancy. Since finding out, I feel real despair. Thinking I absolutely don't want and can't deal with another. I'm feeling really sick and thinking this must be hormones talking as I was fine before and felt so positive about it. Have you experienced this at all and how did it pan out? I'm hoping my feelings change as I progress and feel better. I realise it sounds ridiculous, which makes me think it must be crazy pregnancy hormones.

DangerMouth Sun 03-Apr-16 19:39:41

I felt this way with dd2 after 2 mc. I felt this way pretty much through the whole (much wanted) pregnancy and was worried l'd suffer pnd after she was born but everything felt fabulous once she was born. I only have 2 dc so maybe someone with a larger family will also comment.

Buttwing Sun 03-Apr-16 21:23:53

Hi Im sorry you are feeling like this.

I felt similar when I got pregnant with dc4. We had always said we wanted four but dc3 was 14 weeks old when I realised I was pregnant againconfused

I didn't tell anyone for a long time (except dp) I felt I needed time to get my head round it and if I'm totally honest I was bit embarrassed at being pregnant again so quickly!
When I had my 12 weeks scan which coincided with my starting to feel better. I started to feel much happier.
Be kind to yourself, give yourself time and remember hormones are a bitch!!

SandunesAndRainclouds Sun 03-Apr-16 21:28:42

Yep, I felt the same with all 4 pregnancies - all of which were planned. I had real moments of panic where I would've done anything to turn back the clock and not have to do it!!

I can't remember when it stopped, I think it was after 16w once I'd stopped vomiting.

sidonie1 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:30:40

Thank you, all of your stories are very reassuring. Will try to stop the panic creeping in!

StarlingBirdsong Sun 17-Apr-16 08:21:23

our DC4 is now 3 months and I completely get what you mean. To reassure you though, my DC2 and 3 are also twins and I was freaking out about how hard 4 will be but the reality is its easy! remember the last time you had a newborn you had two! everything was harder and more exhausting! having just one baby is a breeze in comparrision I promise! my DC are a bit older (5, 3, 3) but really I think you will find that its your memories of how hard it is with twins that is colouring your thoughts a bit.

my pregnancy was hard, really hard and I was in and out of hospital but its a relatively short term thing for a long term gain.

now DC4 is here we wouldn't be without her and she completes our family beautifully as like you I just wanted one more after our twins.

Alasalas2 Mon 18-Apr-16 02:24:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sidonie1 Thu 21-Apr-16 21:20:55

Thank you Starling and Alasalas - just reading your comments and feeling much more positive. Starling, so great to read your experience - hoping for the same feeling once this one's born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now