Feel like a Lone parent

(3 Posts)
Lozzy3003 Sun 03-Jan-16 23:21:18

Hi all, I don't know what to say or even know how I feel right now. I just feel so frustrated and lonely, my partner and I have 5 children together but he doesn't live with us, he's accumulated so much debt since we had our first child 10 years ago that he still hasn't got out of it and won't move in with us. He stayed with us over Christmas but he had a sore throat and spent most of his time asleep or playing his ps4 online with his friends. I'm beginning to feel like even when he does come down he would rather be anywhere than with us. Honestly I'm not bothered about him bothering with me but our children deserve a father that wants to sit and help them sort out their toys or sit and play a board game with them. i live in a maisonette with the children so they have no garden so them having him around or going out is a bonus for them but even our 10 year old is answering back and expecting to play his console all the time. I've come to the point of wondering if this relationship is even worth it or even healthy anymore. Promise after promise I've had he'll move in with me, he even told my children that it was my fault he didn't live with us because I took a bigger property than my previous one because we were never going to move out of our old flat. He expects me to pick up and move to his home town but he isn't willing to compromise for our children and their education.

Milkeverywhere Mon 04-Jan-16 22:27:26

Hello dear. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice but I did want to say I agree with you when you say that this is not a healthy relationship and honestly it sounds like your partner is making no effort with your children and they (and you) deserve much better. I hope you find the answer and have got some support from your friends and family flowers

hownottofuckup Mon 04-Jan-16 22:30:25

It doesn't sound like he is bringing much to either his relationship with you or the children.
Having his cake and eating it springs to mind...
Have you raised this with him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now