Should I have a 3rd child ? What was your experience

(7 Posts)
Minamlistandlovingit Fri 18-Dec-15 11:35:56

Ok so my dh has always wanted a 3rd , iv always been the more reserved one about it having been quite a young mum . But the last few years I have been felling more and more broody . I love the idea of doing it again with the new know how I have . My ds is 13 and my dd is 8 and I'm looking forward to Injoying their adult life (and mine) but would also love another pregnancy , baby , toddler, child iv always been quite maternal . I am reserved because I understand the stress involved , financial restraint , space in the home , sleepless nights . Both my previous pregancys were unplanned and iv always felt that I would love to do it properly . But I don't want my 2 angels to feel pushed out . I feel there would be a huge age gap and all the posts iv found tend to relate to smaller gaps . I am only 27 so my clocks not ticking to much but do have the implant in , but also seam to be the most fertile person in the world , that one time does matter and with my dd I had the coil fitted when I fell pregnant .To be honest I always thought I'd only have one. should I wait until my son leaves home ? What timing is right ? Is it easier or harder with older children ? Or should I stick with 2 angels? please share your experiences and thoughts with me .

somanymiles Fri 18-Dec-15 21:21:51

There is a 9 year gap between my youngest and my middle child - I have 3. They dote on him and he adores them. Go for it!

Tsotofamily Sat 19-Dec-15 11:29:17

My gaps aren't as big as yours, 16 months between eldest 2, then 3 years 9 months between 2 and 3. I LOVE it on they have here moments but generally they are grateful with one another. I'm now having my 4th there will be roughly 4 1/2 years between 3 and 4. Kids are soooo excited.
There is never really a good time I say just go for it.

Tsotofamily Sat 19-Dec-15 11:31:30

On meant to be Ok
Grateful meant to be great
Lol bloody predictive txt

Minamlistandlovingit Mon 21-Dec-15 20:36:57

Thank you both for your advice . My spelling errors are due to predictive text too 😉

Pollyputhtekettleon Mon 28-Dec-15 09:17:11

God lord you had your son at 14 and managed. That's quite an achievement. I'd say go for it. You are well experienced and it can only be easier than your earlier experiences being so young and unplanned. As long as your DP is on board it sounds like a perfect time to expand your family.

OkaZaki Wed 20-Jan-16 22:08:02

I have a nine year gap and it is fantastic. Would recommend it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now