Expecting no.2, baby 1 will only be one year - starting to panic!

(5 Posts)
frazzledmom79 Mon 12-May-14 09:22:22

Can anyone share any practical tips on dealing with two under a year old? Especially feeding tips, morning routine, what to do to get a shower!? And bedtime! Baby one in good sleep routine already. I am intending to do sleep training early On with baby 2.

Thanks v much!

AngelsInWinter Mon 12-May-14 18:00:54

Re Shower - I used to get the older two in bed then put baby in a bouncer chair thing and let her watch me in the shower (lucky her! DP worked away).

ABeautifulLie Tue 13-May-14 14:26:46

My first 2 children are very close in age and, although I can't remember much now (they're teenagers now), I do remember that I loved having them so close together. The youngest was in our room until 6 months, then they shared a room and went to bed at the same time.
The only "coping mechanism" I remember is taking at least one of them with me into the bathroom to use the loo as I was worried about leaving them unattended.
The hardest part so far has been the teenage strops and bickering. They were easier to look after when they were little.

littlepeas Tue 13-May-14 17:30:39

My eldest 2 are 13 months apart - it is actually quite an easy gap in many ways. My ds was still having long daytime naps and I managed to get plenty of time with each of them for the first year or so, something which I think is more difficult with more typical gaps. I used to go for long walks with the double buggy to keep them occupied and to get out of the house. Once they were 1 and 2 they were very interested in the same things and played together loads! They are 4 and 5 now and very close - still very easy to keep entertained together. I have found the 22 month gap between dcs 2 and 3 harder. Overall I think small gaps can work very well - you have to find ways of managing practical things, but that is the same with any gap tbh.

frazzledmom79 Tue 13-May-14 20:28:52

Thanks all! Feeling a bit better about what's ahead now! I think other people's reactions aren't helping at the moment. Thanks again smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now