So...no4 has happened ....eek!

(22 Posts)
Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 08:39:54

Weren't planning on no4 for at least another year as youngest two DC are still very young but an early test this am says no4 has already happened!
Can't tell anyone in RL yet as must only be 4/5weeks, I'm
Happy but nervous - come share wonderful stories about the joys of
4.... It's all sleeping all night, easy feeding and endless sunshine and sparkles right hmm

2whippetsnobed Wed 16-Apr-14 08:44:39

Er, yep, spot on.

<< lies desperately >>

3DcAndMe Wed 16-Apr-14 08:46:45

I don't have four, but I figure once you get past three it can't get much harder right lol

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 09:01:10

I'm in love with you two! Glad to hear it will all go swimmingly - assuming if not than you two are happy to be sent one or more DC via post?! To help out and all?!?!

I'm already panicking about choosing vbac or elcs - nightmare and so much conflicting info!

3DcAndMe Wed 16-Apr-14 09:53:57

How old are your dc op?

I would quite like a fourth but it's no where near practical for us

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 10:33:42

The eldest is 9 and the youngest are under 2 :/

To be honest it's not the best timing in the world however id like to think we can make it work - I'm not fussy about using hand me downs, I budget well (generally!) and meal plan etc - my only concern is space I guess which is actually a large concern!

Can I ask why it's not practical? I often felt like that after the first but seemed to manage better than expected

2whippetsnobed Wed 16-Apr-14 11:44:04

I am fairly sure I wouldn't notice another.

I had four in five years and one week! I must say it is nice and busy our house now but never tidy

3D you are right in a way after three any others just seem ok. Although we found it hardest going from one to two. Three and four seemed manageable.

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 12:32:48

4 in 5years- you brave lady! My youngest two are 10months apart and that put me off for a whoile!

BertieBotts Wed 16-Apr-14 12:36:11

I suppose the car thing? You'll need a 7 seater or two cars.

I'm sure it will be fine! smile I know at least two people with surprise #4s and they both say that 3 to 4 is not as bad as 2 to 3 or 1 to 2.

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 12:41:51

We have a 7seater already luckily, have a double buggy as last 2 are so close in age, have a buggy board, spare cot,
And newborn car seat - so the big stuff is covered - DH simply sent me a message saying "sleep was so near!!!!"

3DcAndMe Wed 16-Apr-14 12:46:09

It's not practical for us because -

Space - older two currently share, baby in box room, could not get two in box room, no room for full size cot in our bedroom

Time - dp and I both work, and as much as I would like to be a sahm in one respect I am actually enjoy

3DcAndMe Wed 16-Apr-14 12:46:47

FFs

Enjoying my job ATM

Nursery fees - currently paying for one dc every week and three in the hols is a killer

ZingHasAHotCrossBunInTheOven Wed 16-Apr-14 12:53:46

we have six and #7 is due in July

(oldest will then be 13, DD is just turning two this Friday)

4 will be brilliant Whats and congratulations!

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 12:53:53

Makes sense! I was thinking just last week that although I enjoyed being a sahm for the past 22months I'd like to get back to work ASAP :/ guess will be delaying that a little longer!

It's the comments that I know will come I'm worried about - mainly because I have form for being blunt with my replies:

4 are you mad? You're done now right?
Nope, I intend to keep on reproducing until the number of children I have outweighs the number Of rude idiots like you.

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 12:54:57

Zing congrats to you too! You must be a pro at juggling everything - any tips?

3DcAndMe Wed 16-Apr-14 12:55:02

Yes the "are you done now" questions annoys me too

I might be

I might not be

I might not have decided yet!

ZingHasAHotCrossBunInTheOven Wed 16-Apr-14 13:03:26

answer to "are you mad" is "All the best people are!" tbuwink

If I'm honest I swing between fairly organized and not giving a damn.
I think if you figure out your daily/weekly routines and write down what you must do and what you can realistically achieve you'll have a better time than telling yourself what you can't do or how far behind with tasks you are.

(trust me, I know, I constantly catch myself grumbling about stuff and have to literally tell myself off!)

does that help? tbusmile

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 13:31:54

Sounds pretty much like life now! So I shall continue in blissful ignorance! I'm a little worried how DH will manage if I'm kept in hospital at all as all
Mine have been prem - I know he can cope - but he certainly finds it a challenge lol!

Hairylegs47 Wed 16-Apr-14 13:42:52

After 3, it's just numbers. Going from 1 to 2 was much harder than the subsequent ones.
When folk would ask if we were having anymore, I so wanted to say 'we are having sex on X night to be sure the baby is due on y date, then we'll be having sex on ...' You get the picture, but I never did. I never tried to get pregnant, actually the only time we did try for a baby, no baby. Went on to have 3 more trying to NOT get pregnant.
Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you all.

Celestria Wed 16-Apr-14 13:45:14

You will be fine! I have four, again in 5 years, there were 14 months between first two and sixteen months between second two. I found going one to two the hardest, after that you are so busy you don't have time to stress. Congratulations smile

ZingHasAHotCrossBunInTheOven Wed 16-Apr-14 15:09:40

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2030276-December-2014-anyone-else-yet

assuming your due date is in December here's the link to the December bus.

Whatsonemore Wed 16-Apr-14 15:20:57

Thanks zing will jump on the bus I guess! Expecting baby to arrive end/ mid nov ish as mine never make further than 35weeks but maybe this one will surprise me hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now