Hotels for large families

(7 Posts)
adventuremom Sun 16-Jun-13 22:49:17

Coming to London in July. We have a house swap and cottage rental for most of our trip but need accommodation in London for a few nights and are looking for the cheapest options. We are a family of 8.

adventuremom Mon 17-Jun-13 12:06:50

This is embarrassing. I read my note again. I was not asking for a place to stay although it read that way. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for hotels/b and b's or self-catering that they have used and are good with large families.

FreddoBaggyMac Thu 20-Jun-13 06:47:01

I was going to start a similar thread to this! We are a family of six and I would love some recommendations for hotels where we can all share a room (Not just in London, but anywhere in England and Wales). My ideal place would have two adjoining rooms with an en-suite in the middle, one for the four DCs and the other for me and DH (and it needs to be not too expensive, and ideally I want to take the dog too!!)?

sweetkitty Sat 22-Jun-13 09:11:26

We're going to Drayton Manor next week, interconnecting rooms both ensuite first time in a proper hotel for all 6 of us.

Just marking my place on this thread grin

lljkk Sat 22-Jun-13 09:54:19

Youth hostels, Butlins, Baden Powell House (London).

We are a 5 but often do 2 x Travelodge rooms. You could happily sleep 8 that way. Probably not a real cheap option for London at this stage (though there probably is never a cheap last minute London option!) We normally try and book up well in advance.

dizzymac Sat 22-Jun-13 09:59:40

We stayed in a Hoseasons Apartment a couple of years ago. It was great and reasonably priced. It slept 5 but they do have larger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now