Does anyone have 3 in one bedroom?

(28 Posts)
MummyPig24 Mon 28-Jan-13 17:13:17

We would live dc3 but already have ds(5) and dd (almost 3) sharing a room in our 2 bed house. The bedrooms are big and they currently don't spend much time in their room. Obviously baby would share with us for 6mths minimum but more like a year.

Is it fair to have another dc when we have so little space? Hopefully we would move house in a few years so it wouldn't be for too long but I don't know if its stupid to consider another child when the ones we have need to share.

BeattieBow Sat 04-May-13 20:20:58

this is really interesting. we have 6 children and can only afford a 3 bedroom house in the area we currently rent in - I hadn't thought that it would be ok putting them all into 2 bedrooms.

(the alternative is moving farther afield from the school and friends etc).

oh and to answer the OP I do have in theory 3 girls in one very big bedroom (a set of bunks and a double bed), but actually 2 girls have moved out and share a double bed in the empty au pair's room. I think that even if I had a 7 bedroom house, several of the rooms would be empty!

MMollyMum2 Sat 18-May-13 09:27:36

They'll probably like it. grin Pg with dtriplets and they'll share. Others share too.

We have 3DS in a room (ages 10, 2 & 7mo) and DD (12) has her own room (v small) she shares with DSD (13) at weekends. DSs room although medium sized is going to be split into 2 rooms early next year, as the eldest needs his own space to be age appropriate like watching films or playing computer games at his age level. I think it's fine to share and you will have better age gaps than we do. You just need to make sure that you have the right furniture & clever storage that works for the space you have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now