I know my third is my last but u want another one!!

(10 Posts)
Mosman Sat 19-Jan-13 03:43:51

Many a person has wanted number three and ended up with DC3 and 4, you never know especially as you get older ;-)

LittlePicnic Tue 15-Jan-13 21:14:33

We have two aged 3 and 1. I would like two more- DH says one more. I feel broody now, but want tycoon until next year. I need a bigger gap than the 22 months we have between these. But I feel sad because I know I will want more than DH and that a time will come when baby days will be over.

NAR4 Tue 15-Jan-13 14:30:39

I felt like you and unfortunately that yearning for another one didn't go away.

I finally convienced my Dh to have another one, which means I have 11 years between number 3 and 4. I am now 35 wks with number 5 due to giving a good argument that due to the age gap number 4 would want company. I haven't even had this one yet but already feel sad at the thought that Dh says that we have def finished having children now. Thought the horrible pregnancy I have had this time might eventually put me off more, but it hasn't so far.

Think I had potential for being like the lady on tv recently with 16 children, if Dh had let me.

lorisparkle Fri 11-Jan-13 20:57:48

oh I know that feeling so well ds3 is now 2and a half but the feelings were at their strongest when he was about a year old. I think I am gradually not feeling as broody but I still get so sad when I see babies, or Pushchairs or pregnant woman etc and know that won't be me again. on the hand I enjoy I do love getting out of the car and not having to spend half an hour sorting out Pushchairs, changing bags etc.

beingginger Fri 11-Jan-13 16:45:07

I felt like you. Dc3 is now 2 and my DH had the snip so that I couldn't talk him into dc4!!
I am so glad now, I can not imagine a newborn again <shudder>

3monkeys3 Fri 11-Jan-13 16:30:09

I had a longish period of yearning for a 4th. Dc3 is now 16 months and I think I have more or less come to terms with stopping at 3. I am focusing on the positives and finding that there are lots of them! I am finally feeling like there is some distance between me and the broodiness. I won't say never until ds2 is at school, but I think by that point I will be ready to move on.

Thewhingingdefective Thu 10-Jan-13 22:22:27

I feel the same. I have four children (two sets of twins aged 7 and 2.5, the result of fertility treatment) and our family is complete...except I still yearn for another. It's a feeling that as crept up on me in the past year and grown stronger. For a million reasons though (not least the fact we need help getting pg), we will not have another and I even hide my true feelings from DH, making out that I am absolutely against having more babies. This is because if he got a hint of my real feelings he would most likely agree to it to keep me happy even if he wasn't happy. I genuinely think that if I had another baby, the broody feeling would return again and I would never feel 'done'. So for that reason I just try to push the thought and feelings away.

I am trying my best to focus on the freedom I will have in the next year or two as my little ones start preschool, then go full time. I also try to think of the fun I will have with my other kids as they grow up, without having to split my time to deal with a baby again.

Harrysmummysarah1 Tue 01-Jan-13 15:27:38

I would have a fourth but dh is very against it.
And I know our finances would not allow it either.
He'll be one at the end of the next month. His sisters treat him like a real life doll. His been my easiest Baby by far his so mellow and chilled (most of the time!).

I felt like this! I knew dd was our last so I just ignored those feelings but it only got really hard when she started nursery last year, then I realised how much time I suddenly had for me and it was ok that there weren't going to be anymore.

Mother nature had other ideas though and just as I started to enjoy my freedom I started to feel sick... Dc4 is due in 3 weeks but currently causing some pains that make me think maybe sooner

Not very helpful I know but the important point is that i enjoyed my time with dd and when I had to face her growing up I just found I had to accept those baby days were over and enjoy the next bit smile

Harrysmummysarah1 Sun 30-Dec-12 19:54:43

I have three children 7, 4 next week and a 10 month old.
We know that three is what we can afford and I know three is all I can handle but as my youngest gets older the more I want another one!
When he gets to one ill know my 'baby' is growing up and be sad? Did anyone ever feel like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now