i dont think 3 kids is a large family

(11 Posts)
mummysaidno Sun 16-Dec-12 22:43:11

I have 7 soon to be 9 and really thought that's what was deemed large. But everyone here seems to have 2/3/4

NAR4 Mon 17-Dec-12 10:21:58

I agree, but I think some people just come on here to get advice from those with larger families and others feel that 3 or 4 children is a large family because its larger than adverage. Its subjective really as a number is not specified. A large family is a differrent number for differrent people.

Thinkingof4 Mon 17-Dec-12 13:08:56

But it's larger families rather than large
Subtle difference but I suppose anyone with more than 2 technically has a larger family
I have 3 with no4 on the way, I agree 3 is not really a large family, not sure if 4 is large, ask me in 6 months or so when this one arrives!

Aethelfleda Tue 18-Dec-12 19:44:18

I've got three and many friends with one or two seem to think three counts as "larger"!

If you really are bothered then maybe ask for a special subsection. How about "Really large families" versus "three and four"? Personally I think the beauty of the threads on here is that there's a wide range of perspectives from mums of various sizes. It's not a private club where you "earn" access by having 6 DCs under the age of two...

<puts on hard hat and prepares to be biscuitted>

I have 4, so I think from 4 upwards you can call it a large family grin

3monkeys3 Tue 18-Dec-12 21:10:21

I have 3 and don't consider us a large family, but if we went to 4 I think I would.

Three not large, no.

OodKingWenceslas Tue 18-Dec-12 21:27:15

Ive been lurking here since dd3 but felt a bit of a fraud. Now with dc4 coming I feel I am eligible.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 22-Dec-12 20:13:33

Does it matter? I've been reading here out of interest; time management/organisational tips etc. Got two and had bfp yesterday smile

GuylianReindeer Mon 24-Dec-12 11:06:32

Its not, but there was a thread on here sharing favorite tips for large families (laundry, cooking budgeting all sorts), I was pg with DC3 at the time and the advice on that thread defiantly helps me even now. 3 isn't large but I still do things differently to friends with 2.

lockets Fri 04-Jan-13 11:11:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now