Childminders working with parents.

(3 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Wed 12-Dec-12 13:35:47

To be honest 2012 has been a somewhat full on year.

I try to work with my parents with continual care of all the kids I care for.

Sometimes I feel like I have been playing tug of war with the kids. I have four of my own, and I know that children can sometimes come against what you want them to do, even when you know its for their good.

From chidren not speaking to you with respect to not wanting to put gloves on etc when it is cold.

Do you continue to insist (carrying out the wishes of the parents) or do you leave them and inform the parents? (it can feel like you are always complaining or cant handle the children). I sometimes feel like stepping back and stop taking on anymore extra responsibility. As a mum you naturally want the children in your care to be warm. dry and safe whilst they are with you.

Children can try to push the boundries knowing that you are not their parents. I have decided (due to my experiences) I will not tolerate anymore rudeness and will let parents know if needs be.

MUM2BLESS Wed 12-Dec-12 13:39:05

Looking back I should have done this ages ago. If you do not nip it in the bud it will continue.

Your comments please. I am sure I can learn a thing of two from you lovely people..smile

MUM2BLESS Thu 13-Dec-12 14:07:30

Sorry will put this under the childminding section. I was wondering where it was smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now