Those with 4 - why was 4 the 'magic' number?

(15 Posts)
waferhappy Sat 08-Dec-12 19:51:36

I always wanted two boys two girls. Had first son Finley now seven then daughters Veronica and Darcey now 5 and 3. Dh was happy but I desperately wanted that fourth and we did a boy called Samuel who is now 9 months old. So my dream two boys, Finley and Samuel and two girls Veronica and Darcey

Mosman Wed 05-Dec-12 10:03:10

I know somebody who ended up with 7 because they never felt "done" it could get out of control

had two nightmare births for DC1 and DC2, major decision to go for DC3 at the time but had always wanted a big family so finally decided to risk it....birth was a breeze and I soooo love being pregnant we thought we might as well give it one more go grin so now have b(7) g (6) b (3) b(18mths) and love it gringrin

would love to have another but money worries and no more room in the house and recently have a sneeky suspicion nature is trying to tell me my time is up shock but maybe that's a good thing.......not sure I'd ever feel ready to say 'never again' given the choice !!

RobotLover68 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:39:17

two wasn't enough, three is an odd number, four seemed too many

we have four blush

glad we went for the fourth though grin

5kidsnobump Fri 30-Nov-12 20:28:46

I always wanted 4. Seemed like a nice even number to have, and I always wanted more than just 1 or 2 kids.

So we had our 4, DH got booked in for the snip, and then we found out we were pregnant with no.5 about 2 weeks before he had his snip appointment grin

So now we have 5! They are 6, 5, 2, 1 and 5 weeks. So not such a balanced number but then I guess life is not always that balanced anyway! Lots of people I talk to always seem to say they would have 4 in an ideal world!

Crocklebog Fri 30-Nov-12 18:16:06

We had 3 and couldn't decide on whether to have a fourth. Then DC4 came along ( I was on the pill and BF) so we had 4 under 4. I am glad the decision was taken from us because if DC3 had got much older I think we would not have wanted to go back to the newborn stage.

3b1g Mon 19-Nov-12 21:51:05

Reading the last comment back, it sounds more ungrateful than I actually feel. We are lucky to have four children and they are all lovely.

3b1g Mon 19-Nov-12 21:44:24

We were trying to have three. The last pregnancy was twins.

Fresh01 Sat 17-Nov-12 22:15:35

We always were 3 or 4 then when I got pregnant with no 3 DH kept talking about no 4! We had 4 in 6 years! Yes, it is a busy house and I have no time for myself but watching them interact with each other is amazing. DD3 is only 10 months but watching her interact with the other 3 is great.

The only thing that noticed the arrival of DC4 was the washing machine! She really has just slotted in!

Four4me Sat 17-Nov-12 17:06:31

I always wanted four!!! Don't know where four came from! I too would love more but i agreed with dh having the snip in sept, he would have stopped at two so am lucky to get my own way!!!! I too have b b g b and first two close, gap and the last two close!!
I love seeing them all together! Currently piled on top of each other on beanbags watching the tv giggling smile

Oodthunkit Fri 16-Nov-12 19:15:38

2 close together then 9 years then 2 more. So hopefully dd3/dc4 will be as close as dd1/2.
I hated the thought of dd3 been alone after others leave home , I hated being an onky

MUM2BLESS Fri 16-Nov-12 18:54:51

I always wanted four. Originally four boys. I am glad for my b b g b.

I would have gone for another but after talking to hubby I accepted four. At first I found it hard to accept that I was not having any more. I loved being pregnant, no so much the birth though.

I am one of seven kids. Dad I think was one of 13 (3 sets of twins)

It would have been nice to have another girl, but I WILL NOT COMPLAIN as I am blessed to have the four smile

age of kids nearly 17, 14, 11 and 8

Even before we had children, I always wanted 2 or 4 DCs - not really sure why. I am one of 2, DH one of 3.

We had 2 rather close together, then a gap of 4 years, and when DS3 came along (planned), I kinda felt obliged for the sake of 'symmetry' hmm to go for another.
Crap reason, isn't it?!

No idea blush

3monkeys3 Fri 16-Nov-12 14:20:41

I have 3dc and would like another. I can't really put my finger on why - I just like having children and want to I suppose! I do think that it will be lovely for them to grow up in a big family, surrounded by people who love them. And I like even numbers. I have a hands on dh and a big support network, so it feels achievable too. Need to convince my dh (who is convincible - he's not totally against). Just wondering what made you go for 4?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now