Sleeping arrangements

(5 Posts)
ExhaustTed Thu 15-Nov-12 12:44:45

Thanks for your replies, I think I might give it a go and see. Watch this space...

3monkeys3 Thu 15-Nov-12 10:50:04

My 3dc - 4, 3 and 14 months, boy, girl, boy - share and have since ds2 was 6 months (he still doesn't sleep through the night). It's fine and mostly lovely - they like being together. We often have someone (dd or ds2) in bed with us, for at least part of the night.

tostaky Wed 14-Nov-12 21:58:11

Same age, same situation, all 3 start in the same room then at some point, baby comes into our bed and stays there until morning.

purpleroses Wed 14-Nov-12 21:36:22

I tried moving my DD into a room with DS (4) when she was about that age, and similarly likely to wake in the night. It didn't work well as it meant more getting up to see to her, and then having to remove her from her bed so she wouldn't wake him. I moved her back in with me for a few more months and back in with DS when she was a year or so and sleeping better.

ExhaustTed Wed 14-Nov-12 21:32:54

I wonder if anyone could offer advice or experiences about room sharing. We have three children, 4, 2 and 8 months and a two bed house while we wait for some building work to be done. Currently the eldest two share and the baby sleeps in with us (sleep maybe isn't the most appropriate word, currently better than she was, but wakes at 5 and refuses to go back to sleep). There is room for the baby's bed with the two boys but I'm worried that it will lead to less sleep all round. I would quite like to get all the kids in together to be able to get our bedroom back but I wonder if at the moment it's more trouble than its worth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now