How did you feel going from two to three+?

(5 Posts)
timetosmile Wed 05-Dec-12 22:20:48

2 then 4 year age gaps here, and I can honestly say that I feel as if we went from a family to a little gang!
2 to 3 was by far the easiest, especially with the older two at school for at least part of the day so there was a ready made routine, and the older ones were good company so there was none of the mind-numbing-stuck-at-home-with-a-toddler-all-day days.
I feel like our family's full now, which is a lovely feeling.
Financially it's been OK, more expensive now that they are all at school and doing different activities and clubs etc, and flying can be hugely expensive. I recommend camping and youth hostels!
Each to their own of course, but if you'd fancy three then I would say go for it (but not too soon grin)

Aethelfleda Wed 05-Dec-12 22:13:38

We had two girls under two and wanted a breather!! Had Ds when DD2 was four and a bit. Slightly bigger age gap than originally envisaged, but he's lovely, girls are great with him, we're both still a bit knackered but wouldn't swap it for the world. Having said that, it's easy to type that at 10 when the three are asleep!!!

Littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Oct-12 22:20:20

I'm one of three and loved having siblings smile

forgottenpassword Sat 20-Oct-12 22:18:14

I have 3 all the same gender. For me, it was really no different from having 2 in terms of effort. Financially, it is obviously harder but not very significantly so yet - tho little one is small still. I am one of 5 girls myself and feel incredibly blessed to have 4 such amazing sisters. Honestly, the best gift my parents could ever have given me. I want to give my kids the same.

Littleraysofsunshine Sat 20-Oct-12 20:21:28

I have two girls under two, but we'd love a big family.

How do you feel it's impacted your family? Balance? Financially? Different genders?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now