Stick at two children or have 3?

(53 Posts)
nknight85 Wed 12-Sep-12 11:42:27

Really need some advice we have two beautiful sons, one 4 and the other 2, we have been discussing about having another, but we are really unsure really need some advice. We really need to decide sooner rather than later as we've always said we didn't want one at the age of 30 and over, and also we really don't want there to be a big age difference between them, so rather all at once and then it's done with and then we can concentrate on them better as they get older. Does anyone have more than two children and know what it's like? Weather we should just stick with two and always wonder what it would of been like or weather to have another one and not to obviously regret it but wonder weather it was too much? Please please help.

morescribbles Fri 08-Feb-13 00:05:17

We never had three, we tried for three and got four, then five. Lovely to hear that you have decided to ttc. Wishing you lots of luck.

dilys4trevor Wed 06-Mar-13 13:44:23

This is great to read as I have just posted a similar message in the Pregnancy section (probably the wrong place). I wondered if anyone on here who did 3+ had three c sections? I am 38, have two boys and think we will ttc.

mylittlemonkey Wed 06-Mar-13 17:01:02

I have just had my 2nd DS and am already thinking about having another!! I have always had 3 in my head and am one of 5 and have always loved being part of a larger family and really want all the benefits of that for my kids. I am 36 this year and DH will be 45 this year and so he is more reluctant although I think if I said I really really wanted another he would probably agree. I want it to be something we both want though. If we did have a 3rd we would have to get on with it pretty quickly though because of DH's age. It would therefore also mean I would probably have to give up work after DC3 for a few years as the cost of childcare for 3 would not be worth it. This would obviously have an big impact on us financially although we would manage. I also feel like others that it would be a big commitment to go from 2 DC to 3 and would be particularly difficult for the first 3-4 years of DC3's life although i know in the long term it would be worth it. I have had 2 c sections and so would have to have one with the third I think as I don't think my hospital will let you have a natural birth after 2 c sections. Think I need to stop obsessing and enjoy DS2 for the moment and then revisit the idea in a few months time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now