charlie and lola in french

(19 Posts)
RacingSnake Thu 29-Oct-09 22:13:54

Been trying to find charlie and lola dvds in French for ages. I have some in German and dd loves them. Just found out that they have completely different names in Spanish, so wondered whether that is whyy I can't find them in French. The books exist in french, so why not the dvds? Any ideas, anyone?

BriocheDoree Fri 30-Oct-09 14:02:24

No idea, as they show it on the telly here. I've only seen it in French, actually...but you're right, Amazon only has English imports. How odd!
If I see it, I'll let you know.

RacingSnake Fri 30-Oct-09 19:50:30

Thank you! Would love to get it for DD.

MIFLAW Mon 02-Nov-09 11:27:49

Me too! Got one of the books but had to have it sent from Canada ...

RacingSnake Mon 02-Nov-09 21:14:54

Hmm. Maybe Amazon in Canada?

MIFLAW Mon 02-Nov-09 22:52:37

Nope. Amazon don't even have the books ... It's from a bookshop called "Librairie Pantoute" and they don't sell DVDs full stop.

RacingSnake Tue 03-Nov-09 15:40:53

Oh well, need to keep looking. Obviously a cultural boycott of Charlie and Lola?

MIFLAW Tue 03-Nov-09 16:20:08

I got the impression that the reason the books were available in canada is that that's where they were translated.

I hope to God the dubbing isn't done by Canadians ... {joke - Canadians, please don't flame me!)

BriocheDoree Tue 03-Nov-09 21:02:36

No, it's not. I'd have noticed!!
Better than Dora the Explorer's really BAD English, though! You'd think that for dubbing Dora they'd have bothered to find someone who can speak English (not that difficult, surely) but the actresses pronunciation is TERRIBLE and quite often the translations are basically just WRONG grin.

MIFLAW Tue 10-Nov-09 12:18:15

Anyone else got any ideas? Would love to find this in time for Christmas ...

Dora = antichrist

MIFLAW Tue 10-Nov-09 12:18:59

"This" being Charlie and Lola DVD in French.

NOT a DVD called "Dora = Antichrist".

MIFLAW Mon 16-Nov-09 10:42:19

Christmas is coming ... Any progress, anyone?

rasputin Mon 16-Nov-09 10:44:35

My DD would love this, she is keen to learn french and really loves Lola.

MIFLAW Tue 01-Dec-09 16:07:27

Any update, anyone? There's Xmas stockings need filling ...

BriocheDoree Wed 02-Dec-09 21:28:12

Sorry, still haven't seen it...

MIFLAW Sun 07-Feb-10 23:20:12

Bump. Stil no ideas, anyone?

DeTamble Fri 04-Oct-13 03:11:39

I know this was an age ago, but has any one since found Charlie and Lola DVDs in French?

Kahu Fri 04-Oct-13 04:04:15

Nope - I looked everywhere - France & Canada. The DVD's don't appear to exist in french although some of the books have been translated.

If it's any use Amazon.fr have Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly in french. We have a dual zone DVD player so also watch Stella & Sam in french - if you order from Canada the DVD's are in both english & french - Stella & Sam / Stella et Sasha. You would need to play in a dual zone player or on laptop though.

Despite living in Canada which is officially bilingual, I get most of our french DVD's & books from France - there is a surprisingly poor choice here & they are expensive. No idea what kids in Quebec read & watch - all I can find on Amazon.ca is Dora & does my head in! Don't even mention Caillou!

Would love any recommendations for good french language TV DVD's & books for kids. Have bought a few Julia Donaldson in French but was disappointed. Who are the great french children's writers? We have Madeline & Babar. Would love any recommendations.

JooLoo Tue 08-Oct-13 04:36:42

You can also get Peppa pig in French on You Tube. But not Charlie and Lola as far as I can see.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now