Portuguese playgroups?

(50 Posts)
vdpmum Thu 19-Feb-09 09:19:28

Does anyone know of playgroups/classes for Portuguese-speaking or bilingual children in London, preferably North London? The consulate offer no advice, but there must be something out there? If not, is anyone interested in setting something up?

ruthy57 Sat 20-Sep-14 22:52:14

Hello I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone managed to find a portuguese playgroup in North London? We are based in Muswell Hill but would be willing to travel and I have 2 girls aged 1 and 3. I am English but my husband is portuguese and we would love them to be bilingual but it's not easy..Any advice welcome smile

Littleboyx2 Fri 27-Sep-13 14:03:15

I would be interested in Portuguese playgroups too, dp is portuguese and I would like our little girl to learn too.

evab79 Tue 24-Sep-13 19:11:37

Hi DaniUK and Ricardos, did you manage to set up a Playgroup in NW London? My 9 month old baby is half brazilian and daddy would like her to grow up speaking Portuguese too.
If that playgroup is not running please get in touch if you know of any evab79@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

tassoula67 Thu 20-Jun-13 23:19:50

Hi rakelixx
Where in the UK are you moving to?

rakelixx Fri 01-Mar-13 21:04:44

Hello
I´m portuguese and i´m moving to London in 4 April.
I have a degree in early years education.
i´m looking for a job,
Thaks

molyb Tue 18-Sep-12 22:38:10

We setup a Anglo-Brazilian group for children between 0 and 12 a few months ago in Berkshire. If you happen to live around here come and join us at Clubinho Verde Amarelo (www.clubinhoverdeamarelo.co.uk). We are also on Facebook.

PoppyAmex Sat 30-Jun-12 20:38:33

Does anyone know if any portuguese groups in Scotland?

Dream11 Fri 29-Jun-12 21:27:57

By the way I came across http://breacc.com/blog/

The Brazilian Educational and Cultural Centre is a charitable organisation created to promote the teaching of the Brazilian language and culture primarily to Anglo-Brazilian children living in London.

If it didn't cost so much for us to get there I would take my daughter. It looks really good. Have a look if you can get to Twickenham on a Saturday- for all ages x

Dream11 Fri 29-Jun-12 21:20:44

Hi. Like many others I want to raise my daughter (14 months) to speak both English and Brazilian Portuguese as father is Brazilian. He speaks to her in Portuguese and we give her as much Portuguese as we can. However, it seems like most Brazilians live in London. We live in Newport SW. Does anyone happen to live in South Wales or know of anything nearby? (Even over the border just closer than London can't afford the petrol smile !)

Thanks x

jkklpu Fri 16-Mar-12 20:06:30

Lambeth Council are planning a "Casa de Portugal" during the Olympics. They might have some stuff on their website already. And Lisbon's Camara Municipal is planning some stuff as well.

Giulihall Fri 16-Mar-12 20:03:30

Hi, I am new to the website and have a 2 year old boy. He is half English and half Brazilian, but speaks mainly in English. We would like him to keep in touch with his Brazilian roots so we wonder if anyone knows of Brazilian Portuguese toddler groups in North London? I would also be keen in starting a group, if anyone is interested, please get in touch.Thanks a lot, Giuli

mae2 Fri 06-Jan-12 10:53:37

Hi! Im European Portuguese and live in Surrey Quays I have two daughter 6years and 2 1/2 years and I am looking for Portuguese lessons for the eldest and a playgroup for the youngest does anyone know about anything I am willing to travel

mmasca Tue 06-Dec-11 09:00:57

Hi everyone, I would love to be able to take my two little girls (2 1/2 years and 3 months) to a Portuguese playgroup. I m in north London and if anyone fancies the same we can start a playgroup.

search4portuguese Sun 27-Nov-11 13:46:37

sorry i typed my email address wrong above - it's lopow_camera@yahoo.com cheers

search4portuguese Sun 27-Nov-11 13:23:06

Hi Lara25 - I'm definitely interested in a playgroup or nursery in streatham! We live in wimbledon and i've been looking all over the area for a portuguese speaking nursery....but a playgroup would be ok as well if nothing else is available. my email is lopow_camaera@yahoo.com.

NQWWW Thu 06-Oct-11 17:16:00

Sorry, I am using your thread to ask a favour - if there is a Portuguese speaker out there who is willing to help us translate a couple of emails, I would be extremely grateful. My father recently had an accident in Portugal and we need to find out what happened from the lifeguard who saved him. Thanks!

Lara25 Mon 19-Sep-11 12:29:05

Hi
I am Portuguese have a 9 month old daughter who is growing up trilingual ( my husband is french). I am thinking of starting a portuguese speaking playgroup in streatham. Would anyone be interested?

HerHissyness Tue 26-Jul-11 21:13:21

Still on the hunt for some portuguese speaking mums in North Hampshire... if anyone hears of any... give us a shout? grin

I have a 5yo DS, we're an hour on the train from waterloo, so can come into town too!

falasportugues Fri 15-Jul-11 18:36:07

sha sha shan, your webpage is about to expire.... it says it will in one day. did you ever find it served your purpose or not?

Fabibi Sat 16-Apr-11 14:50:48

Hi Girls,
I am Brazilian and have an 16 months old boy and would like to join either the Greenwich or the Dulwich. I have DVDs, Music CDs and many books in Brazilian Portuguese to bring to the playgroups too. Could you please let me know where and when you meet? Can't wait to take DS.
Thank you very much.

Camiacton Mon 27-Dec-10 22:28:51

Hi NW ladies,

I am also interested in organise a Brazilian/Portuguese playgroup. Maybe we can join forces and make it happen??
Thanks
Camilla

Shashashan Mon 27-Dec-10 17:35:01

Hi, I'm bilingual Portuguese/English and have an 8 month daughter. Ive been looking all over for something in north London and after not having much luck, I am in the initiall stages of creating some baby language 'play and learn' sessions.
please regist your your interest by joining our group!

www.meetup.com/lalalanguages

I'm also very interested to hear about other iniatives that people have started - if you have anything to share, or any questions, email me at info@lalalanguages.co.uk
thanks!

Shashashan Mon 27-Dec-10 17:21:00

Hi!

I have an 8 month old daughter, who is raised trilingually. I have trying to find something in North London (without success) so we are soon going to be starting our own. Please register your interest on our webpage

www.meetup.com/lalalanguages

we will be srtarting at home, in N17 (Tottenham, Seven Sisters) but even if this is too far for you, sign upo to the mailing list and let us know this (we may consider a second venue in the future).

thanks!
Shanna

Camiacton Wed 08-Dec-10 15:11:28

Hi, vdpmum. Did you set up a playgroup in the end? Where do you live?
Thanks
Camilla

Camiacton Wed 08-Dec-10 15:08:16

Hi, I have a 2 year old son and We live in Acton and I trying to find or set up a Brazilian Portuguese playgroup in the area or nearby. Anyone have any ideas or would like to meet up, please get in touch.

camituratto@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you, Camilla

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now