Arabic playgroup in South East london

(4 Posts)
Isis10 Wed 30-Apr-14 22:25:07

I've seen it posted about in North and West London, and South London seems a bit of a stretch.. but surely there are parents out there that want their toddlers and/or pre-schoolers to get regular, immersion-style exposure to Arabic in a non-religious setting?

We have two British Syrian kids aged 3 years 2 months and 7 months, I speak English to the kids and my husband speaks Arabic, but we are not finding the Arabic is sticking and our oldest always prefers to reply in English unless he's really pushed.

We'd be very interested in getting together with other parents for a regular Arabic-only playgroup, ideally on a Saturday or Sunday. Kids who've had no previous experience of Arabic would also be welcome, but it'd be great if we could get a few kids who are conversational/ semi-conversational already in order to reduce the temptation to lapse back into English.

I speak Arabic as a second language, so wouldn't be placed to lead the sessions, but could definitely participate- my husband Abdullah has some experience teaching Arabic to kids.

Drop us a line if this sounds like your sort of thing on ceramicgesture@yahoo.co.uk

Isis

Raneem3 Wed 07-May-14 17:23:07

Hi,I am going through this too.
Iam hoping that my kids will speak fluent Arabic
But I am struggling to get them stick in to arbic as languge
I hope you have a tips and idea to make it easier to them to learn to speak Arabic.

Thank ��

Maplessglobe Tue 17-Jun-14 20:04:28

I'm interested but am in surrey. Egyptian background. Are you going ahead?

iloveyousillybilly Mon 30-Jun-14 08:40:03

Just wondering if this went ahead? Have a nearly 2 year old and a lack of self discipline to speak to them in Arabic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now