How to teach daughter Spanish?

(3 Posts)
TwittyMcTwitterson Sat 01-Feb-14 20:45:22

Hi,

My DD is 2yrs 4months. From an early age she watched Dora and started to learn a little Spanish from it. My Spanish is limited a only a gcse (tho I did get 98%) I come from a linguistic family and it is important to me that she has another language so may as well start young. She just finished with a childminder who had 'muzzy' which I understand. Is an interactive language teacher but she only did six week intervals and covers other languages so may confuse her.

Anyway, I've been told she has a natural ear for Spanish so really need to carry it on. Any advice on where to go from here? Eg/ DVDs or programs. If there are any Spanish speakers around Northampton who could help me out I'd be willing to pay xx

somersethouse Sat 01-Feb-14 20:48:50

Can you afford/are able to have, a Spanish aupair.

Loads available and the only way for your daughter to properly be bilingual is to be immersed now. She'll be fluent in a year at her age.

TwittyMcTwitterson Sat 01-Feb-14 23:34:06

I did think of this and although it would be perfect as I hear they are cheaper than childminders which is what we currently have, I couldn't have someone else live with us. We have the spare room but then no room for guests and DP sees his home as his castle and can be quite the antisocial at times. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now