French Dvds for toddlers

(10 Posts)
Risette Wed 26-Feb-14 09:16:38

I would recommend Trotro. My daughter really enjoys the episodes and they're only a couple of minutes long so good for toddlers. We also have T'choupi which she likes too.

sesquipedalian Fri 21-Feb-14 08:29:22

If you want French cultural references, there is a DVD called Mon Ane, which is 39 animated comptines, and the words are in French handwriting if you want them. It is absolutely charming - the animations are slightly Wallace and Gromit. Look at the reviews on Amazon.fr (where it is not currently available) and then buy it from Amazon.co.uk. I used it with primary classes and they loved it, even though it is intended for the tinies! But it really is good.

Branleuse Tue 04-Feb-14 21:13:30

Most Dora DVDs can be watched in french

chocolatecrispies Mon 16-Dec-13 19:57:21

Isn't T'choupi a penguin? It's not very clear though.
We loved Bali, also Grabouillon, Cajou, Balthazar, Pedro, Rue de zoo (translated though) and Hopital Hilltop.
I mostly found them through the Amazon recommendations.

I was never keen on Tchoupi (what on earth is he?) but DD and all her English friends loved him.

gastrognome Sun 08-Dec-13 06:42:34

My girls love Petit Ours Brun and L'Ane Trotro. You might know the books already. Lots on YouTube if you want to investigate.
Mouk is another one. And Tchoupi, though I don't like him. Both my daughters do, mind you.

Trotro, Tchoupi (our favourite for years), Petit Ours Brun and Bali were our regular watching at that time. I think Tchoupi is Candadian, but very good and we had the whole box set. Google them or look at some episodes on youtube or dailymotion to see which you prefer, although they get regularly removed for copyright reasons. Charlotte Aux Fraises is origninally American, but is popular in France.
When DD was only a little older, we moved onto Kirikou, which is two longer DVDs, but with great stories set in French speaking Africa, bought the little figurines from Papo (which also has all the characters from Petit Ours) and she played with them for years.
Now we have moved onto to Disney films in French - some have French as an option anyway, others are quite expensive from Amazon.
Good luck!

r2d2pink Sat 16-Nov-13 18:00:44

Of course Dr Seuss, I am actually looking for suggestions of good programs, i.e. age appropriate but also with French cultural references. I love some of the cbeebies stuff , e.g. In the night garden, and would be interested in hearing about French equivalents.

DrSeuss Sat 16-Nov-13 17:28:02

Vous savez qu'on peut acheter tous les DVDs de Peppa Pig, Noddy/Oui Oui et Bob le Bricoleur chez Amazon.fr?

r2d2pink Sat 16-Nov-13 16:41:07

Salut les Mums, we are an English and French speaking family, French being the minority language. I am looking to increase my lo exposure to French and since we already do a lot of singing and reading in French, I am now looking for good dvds for little ones 18m to 3y. Any recommendations? :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now