Spanish MFL resources for an 8/9 year old

(4 Posts)
Bonsoir Tue 15-Oct-13 12:01:09

My DD, who is bilingual French-English, has just started learning Spanish. Her school uses a Spanish CEFR-linked programme and teaches through the medium of Spanish using native speaker teachers. All the DC in the class (only 9 DC) are already bilingual and are high-performers and there are 4 x 30 min classes per week, so the DC move at a cracking pace.

DD is delighted to be learning Spanish and I am already planning our next summer holidays in a Spanish-speaking country. However, I should like to get her to listen to some more Spanish in the mean time. Has anyone got any fab suggestions for DVDs of great films? The only Spanish film I can think of is Jamon Jamon, apart from Almodovar which is mostly wildly unsuitable...

FunmiB Fri 24-Jan-14 16:27:40

Why not try visiting www.mitelekids.es/. It includes a lot of the Mediaset España children's programs.

Other great resources for children learning Spanish are Little Linguist and the BBC's primary Spanish site: www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryspanish/

violetbean Wed 29-Jan-14 23:49:50

How old is your DD?

Would watching DVDs of her favourite films/series in Spanish & with Spanish subtitles work? A number of the DVDs I own have Spanish language options even if they are English/American films.

Also if you type 'Muzzy Spanish' into YouTube you can find a children's language programme, that I used to watch as a child. A bit dated but sweet!

violetbean Wed 29-Jan-14 23:51:00

Ohh just realised this is a zombie thread! Wish the app would warn me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now