Italian things for babies on North or East London

(3 Posts)
KateCroydon Wed 11-Sep-13 19:41:01

Playgroups, coffee mornings, meet-ups anything pretty much. I have a five-month old and finding ways of exposing him to Italian (other than my babbling on) is tricky. Anyone out there?

Oriunda Thu 19-Sep-13 20:14:35

Unfortunately this area is a bit lacking in organised activities in Italian. Loads of French and Spanish stuff. We are border east london/Essex and I know several Italians live here, seen a few mums around at classes etc, but nothing organised. Our local library has the grand total of 1 childrens' book in Italian! I'm English, DH is Italian and we do OPOL and lots of weekly skypeing with the Italian nonni. Your babbling on will be fine though. DS speaks more English (19mths) but understands Italian instructions and has a few Italian words that he uses instead of the English ones!

If you're e11 area feel free to PM me!

KateCroydon Sat 21-Sep-13 11:16:33

Hi Oriunda,

Purtroppo sono piu' Londra Nord che Londra Ovest. Chissa' come mai
ci sono cosi' poche cose per bambini italiani, visto che di italiani in giro ce ne sono tanti. Grazie della risposta e per l'incoraggiamento.

E ottimo nome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now