German Saturday Schools - Surrey / London area

(3 Posts)
ThePygmyHippo Sun 04-Aug-13 23:08:40

Hello,

We (English husband, German-born me, and our almost-4-year-old bilingualish daughter) recently moved to Surrey. I'm looking to enrol her in one of the German Saturday Schools and would love to hear feedback on the options.

I've tried to contact the Woking / Guildford school a few times over the last months, but haven't heard back. Since the website hasn't been updated for months, does anyone know if this school is still running?

Given the lack of response from the Surrey school, we are now considering commuting to the Bayswater or alternatively Greenwich German Saturday School. If any of you have personal experiences with these schools, it would be great to hear what you think of them!

We're prepared for longer waiting times for getting a space - for the moment, we just want the kid registered.

Thanks!

noramum Sun 18-Aug-13 20:41:35

I tried to contact the Croydon one and never heard back. We are both Germans and gave up and just do it at home. I also found that 5 days of school from just 4 years onwards another day in a German school is just too much.

You could try to contact the German church in London, maybe they have a contact. There is one in Sydenham, SE London.

Wisteria36 Mon 19-Aug-13 13:01:23

There is one in Richmond too, at the German school. Long waiting list also. My ds just got a place for September after waiting over a year so I can't comment on it yet, but we are going to try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now