Easy French text about islands/set on an island

(5 Posts)

Hi. I am really hoping to catch the eye of someone living in France/French; I know that you are about and have helped me before.

My daughter is 6, but a not-very-strong year 1. She is half French and is at school in England. We are 'shadowing' her class topic by reading books, doing online games etc on the same subjects in French. Last term was easy; she was learning about castles.

This term, however, she will be learning about 'Islands' - not desert islands, her teacher tells me, but islands like Brownsea Island (very close to us) or Katie Morag type island living. I just haven't managed to find any titles of really easy books we could read along with it.

Has anyone any suggestions?

DrSeuss Fri 05-Apr-13 18:41:27
DrSeuss Fri 05-Apr-13 18:42:01

Or just translate the Katy Morags? I can do it, if you like.

Some lovely stuff on your link, but all more tropical island than British island. I think that this could be the topic which defeats me! I found lovely stuff on minibeasts, castles, Easter, Christmas, rain forests ....

My French is not good enough to translate Katie Morag, I am afraid. I can make myself understood easily, but I am not bilingual by any means. DH is bilingual but has no idea about education, children's books, levels of language, etc.

I wonder if there is a Martine title which involves an island? Or Camille, or Albertine, or any of the other little girls who star in the series the inlaws send?

DrSeuss Fri 05-Apr-13 20:35:35

Pm me the text of a Katy Morag. They're not long, not a big job. Somewhere we have the one about dance class.
Won't most of the vocab eg beach, shore, tide, fish, be the same be it tropical or not? What about places like Guadeloupe or Martinique?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now