Facebook group for Swedish and Scandic Parents in and around South London.

(2 Posts)
calypsosmama Tue 12-Feb-13 10:27:30

Hej! I would like to gather Scandinavian families in my area of South east London for a play date /meeting in a local park or play center please join my Facebook group if you or your partner are of Scandinavian origin, as in Finnish, Finnish Swedish, Norwegian Icelandic, Danish or Swedish.
I have three children who are trilingual at different degrees, 6,3 and 1 years old.
The goals is to create a group that meets up regularly to increase a sense of cultural identity in the children and promote the minority language.
Obviously you can join in even if you are living further afield and don't mind traveling.

Links: Scandic Parents in and around SE19, SE20, SE26, https://www.facebook.com/groups/139991962828287/

MammaCici Fri 08-Mar-13 14:45:09

Hej, There is a website (and app) called meetup.com
I use it to connect with English speaking parents where I live in Stockholm. You could set up a group for nordic parents. It's free. There might already be a nordic parents group in your area which you could join and add your own gatherings to. Maybe you'll find it useful, maybe not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now