Rotraut Susanne Berner picture books

(3 Posts)
lilacmamacat Wed 02-Jan-13 17:33:18

Thanks Noramum. I know they're mostly pictures but we will be able to do them in german and english - and I think they are originally german. I only came across them through german friends which was why I was asking the germans out there smile

noramum Mon 31-Dec-12 10:36:28

We have all of the 4 German books but not the Night one. As the book you mention has a lot more pages than the single ones I assume it contains all four seasons.

My DD loved them but they are only picture books with lots of little hidden details. No text apart from street signs or shop names. Ideal to sit down and get your child to search of details like the parrot who often is on every page but quite good hidden. Or talking about what he thinks may happen to a person on the next page. Also the people develop over the books, a baby is born, a couple falls in love etc.

From all Wimmelbuch-Styles I have seen these ones are the best and I put them aside in the hope that in 20+ years DD will read them with her children

lilacmamacat Sun 30-Dec-12 22:23:11

I've been looking for german/english books for my 22 month DS and some friends have recommended the Rotraut Susanne Berner's Winter-Wimmelbuch (and the other seasons too). I've had a look on Amazon and also found an English edition called In the Town All Year Round. Does anyone know, is this just the four seasons put together in one book? And what about Nacht-Wimmelbuch? Does that come in the english In the Town... too, and is it any good? - reviews on Amazon seem somewhat mixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now