Any Anglo-Spanish nurseries in Bristol?

(4 Posts)
natation Fri 07-Dec-12 21:42:05

exexpat, there is a French school in Bristol which starts at age 2 1/2, not that it helps OP.
www.ecolefrancaisebristol.co.uk/en_homepage.htm

pinkangelita Fri 07-Dec-12 21:35:38

I don't know of any I'm afraid! If I did I would definitely send my DD. would be interested if anyone else knows of any?

exexpat Sat 24-Nov-12 16:51:25

I've never heard of any bilingual nurseries (any language) round here, though I have sometimes seen nurseries claiming to 'teach' other languages, which usually seems to mean having a half-hour session once to twice a week with a few phrases and songs in another language.

I think if you really want bilingual childcare you'd probably need to get a Spanish-speaking nanny (maybe shared with another family?), or just try and find other Spanish-speaking parents to form a play group. I am sure there will be other Spanish speakers around, particularly around the universities.

cierzo Sat 24-Nov-12 16:42:36

We are thinking in moving back to the west due to the high cost of childcare in SW London. As we are a Anglo-Spanish family we're trying to see if there is any bilingual nurseries and schools in the Bristol area, as we want our little one to speak both languages. It will be only for 2/3 days a week.

I heard of a group called La Casita in Bristol, but it is not a nursery, it's more like a playgroup for Spanish speaking families. Does anyone know if there are any Spanish nurseries or bilingual nurseries in Bristol?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now