The Wonderful World of Baby Words

(4 Posts)
sausagerolemodel Sun 04-Nov-12 17:58:34

If DD wanted to be lifted up she would ask for a "carryou" (presumably because we would say to her "do you want me to carry you?" and she adopted it as a noun.

JustPondering Sun 04-Nov-12 17:53:03

My 6 year old as a toddler used to call his dummy a numina, and his blanket a ba bye grin

MikeLitoris Sun 04-Nov-12 17:45:03

Unfortunately most of dds words sound like swear words.

She does say 'der la la' instead of 'there they are'. She says it in a really french accent too.

Monza77 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:41:27

Over the last few months, my son has been developing his language skills and as he comes to grips with his vocabulary, as with any toddler, he has created a number of indecipherable words that have come to mean something to him.
Boo-shoes, dacklallies, up-a-der, baba ? you get the idea.

Anyway, my thought is to collate his and everyone else's childhood/offsprings words and compile a 'Baby Dictionary'. I've already got a couple of hundred from friends and family and now just wanted to cast the net a little further. I've started a blog http://thebabydictionary.blogspot.co.uk/ where I'm starting to catalogue them all and hope to have a website up a running in the new year.

If you or your little one(s) have any words/sentences/names that you used as a kid, i'd love to add them to the list.

Many thanks

Monza77

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now