The Wonderful World of Baby Words

(4 Posts)
Monza77 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:41:27

Over the last few months, my son has been developing his language skills and as he comes to grips with his vocabulary, as with any toddler, he has created a number of indecipherable words that have come to mean something to him.
Boo-shoes, dacklallies, up-a-der, baba ? you get the idea.

Anyway, my thought is to collate his and everyone else's childhood/offsprings words and compile a 'Baby Dictionary'. I've already got a couple of hundred from friends and family and now just wanted to cast the net a little further. I've started a blog http://thebabydictionary.blogspot.co.uk/ where I'm starting to catalogue them all and hope to have a website up a running in the new year.

If you or your little one(s) have any words/sentences/names that you used as a kid, i'd love to add them to the list.

Many thanks

Monza77

MikeLitoris Sun 04-Nov-12 17:45:03

Unfortunately most of dds words sound like swear words.

She does say 'der la la' instead of 'there they are'. She says it in a really french accent too.

JustPondering Sun 04-Nov-12 17:53:03

My 6 year old as a toddler used to call his dummy a numina, and his blanket a ba bye grin

sausagerolemodel Sun 04-Nov-12 17:58:34

If DD wanted to be lifted up she would ask for a "carryou" (presumably because we would say to her "do you want me to carry you?" and she adopted it as a noun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now