Any Norwegian mums/families in the East Midlands?

(3 Posts)

Hi, I'm near Nottingham and almost 36 weeks pregnant with DC1 and am hoping to speak Norwegian to him from the start (DH is English and does not understand Norwegian).

I'm bilingual English/Norwegian although my Norwegian has suffered from living in the UK for 10 years and English is the language I am now most comfortable with.

It would be really nice to meet any Norwegian-speaking mums in the area! smile

Lillesmamma Mon 11-Feb-13 19:07:56

Hi there. I am in Cambridge but just wondering how you have got on with the norwegian with DC1. I am trying to do the same with my toddler and would love to be able to exchange experiences.

RagOT Wed 15-May-13 10:48:43

Hi! I have just joined mums net, and have been wanting to get in touch with other Norwegian mums for ages so was excited when saw this!
I live in Derbyshire and have two boys who I speak norwegian to, aged 5 years and the other one 8 months! My husband is English and for my 5 year old this is his dominant language as he has heard it around him at nursery and now school, but he understands everything I say to him in Norwegian which is really good smile
To paleandinteresting: your baby must be around 6-7 months now?
Would love to exchange experiences with you both, and any others in the same situation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now