Arabic Saturday school North London?

(22 Posts)
tostaky Mon 17-Sep-12 21:25:44

hello,

We are looking for an Arabic Saturday school that is NOT teaching the Quran. I have fond only two in London, the one in Ealing and the one in Portobello road... Both are a bit of a trek from North London.
Any thing else closer to us? Someone told me about one in Paddington or Swiss cottage but i can't find anything about it on the web.

Chokrane smile

umnora Sat 03-Nov-12 00:04:14

Hi there!
I'm also interested in finding non religious Arabic classes/playgroups in Central or North London for my 15-month old daughter.

I haven't found anything yet... any suggestions?

If there are more people interested we could organize a playgroup.

tostaky Wed 21-Nov-12 22:22:44

Hi there!

I have not found anything yet...
What about you? I like your idea of a playgroup.
Where about are you?

umnora Wed 21-Nov-12 23:09:00

Great! I'm in north-East London. Sure there must be other people interested... how old is/are your kid/s?

tostaky Thu 22-Nov-12 11:23:55

I have 4 years old, a 2.5 yo and a 6 month old baby.... That's half of a playgroup already!! wink

Do you know of a good cd with children songs that would be available on iTunes or on amazon?

umnora Fri 23-Nov-12 23:03:59

Good, so we have 4 kids already smile
I don't have any CDs but I have found some nice videos and songs on you tube.
Do you know anybody who could run the playgroup? we could get a quote from a tutor, but it requires a certain type of person to make it fun for the kids... I know of a 16year old Iraqi girl, the daughter of a friend, who might be willing to give it a go... then we would have to hire a room, I guess. The more central the more likely we are to find more people.

Ayousha Wed 03-Apr-13 11:29:51

Hi,

I'm Aisha and my daughter is 18 months. We'd love to come to Arabic play sessions. We're based in North London. Near Finsbury Park.

In terms of CDs, we have a few, which I could bring for you to listen to and see if you wanted to get the same ones.

Depending on demand, we could begin in our homes and expand when we have the numbers. I'd happily contribute to paying for your friend's daughter to lead the session.

Best wishes
Aisha

Thumblina Fri 12-Apr-13 22:42:22

Hi,

My daughter Aya is 13 months old and I'm desperate for her to gain some exposure to Arabic - I try my best to speak to her solely in Arabic but it is a second language for me and my husband doesn't speak it at all so I'm looking for other ways to help her acquire it. I would love to bring her along to a playgroup as all the arabic schools I've found don't seem to cater to under 4s. We live in SW9 but I'd go anywhere in London!

Did you get your playgroup up and running? Please post details if so smile

seanxj Mon 13-May-13 12:47:09

Hi,

My daughter is 2yrs 5months, I am also very keen to find a Arabic Saturday school that does NOT teach the Quran.

Did this group start a Saturday club? if so please post details. I live in Kent but would be prepared to travel.

youarepricelessforme Mon 24-Jun-13 18:31:05

Salam

I just want to know why u don't like schools who teach Quran

Baidar Thu 22-Aug-13 23:48:44

Hello. We are starting Marhaba Arabic Language centre in shepherds bush from 7 sep. we will run separate 2 hours arabic language classes. Every Saturday for different level by professional arabic teachers. If you interested plz contact us at 07704455136.

Baidar Fri 23-Aug-13 00:40:44

Hello. We are starting Marhaba Arabic Language centre in shepherds bush from 7 sep. we will run separate 2 hours arabic language classes. Every Saturday for different level by professional arabic teachers. If you interested plz contact us at 07704455136.

josefmummy Tue 10-Sep-13 21:13:47

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever managed to start this playgroup? I have a 15-month old son (I'm British and Dad is Lebanese). He speaks Arabic to the little man as much as poss but I would love to attend a playgroup for more exposure to the language. Would be happy to contribute towards costs etc. Please let me know...

nano86 Fri 18-Oct-13 11:17:50

Hello guys,

Umayyah academy is launching Arabic courses for Arabic and non-Arabic speakers of all levels and ages in January 2014 , the course will take place in Wood House College in North Finchley.

the course will be taught by Native Arabic speakers, and the main focus will be on Arabic language. this course is suitable for religious and
non-religious students
if you are interested please call 07534175952

Meissa Tue 22-Oct-13 18:13:10

Hello
I'm arabic exactly from tunisia, arabic is my first language
And i would like to teach kids and adults arabic language
You can contact me 07531495310

Rhianna1980 Mon 28-Oct-13 23:53:46

For those who are looking for Arabic nursery music , can I suggest an album on iTunes called Arabic nursery rhymes. I grew up with it . It is quite old , made in 1976, but it is considered a classic. Most nurseries still use them where I was brought up. The album comes with a 2 copies of each song : the original song and the same track with just the music so your child can sing to once they know the lyrics.
I still love listening to it ;)

Rhianna1980 Mon 28-Oct-13 23:58:43

Sorry the full title is :
Arabic nursery rhymes & songs release date 1976
There are lots of other albums with similar title but look at the release date . Normally it comes at the top results of your search on iTunes .

aljundit Sat 09-Nov-13 20:48:58

Hello! Just picking up on this thread ... Did anyone find / set up a secular Arabic playgroup or Saturday school in London?

EmanH Sun 08-Dec-13 21:09:02

Hello,

Join me at Balabil for 30 minutes of story and rhyme time in Arabic starting on the 8th January 2014 in Gants Hill, IG2. Classes are for 2-5 year olds and no prior knowledge of Arabic is required. Learn your favourite songs like ‘The Wheels on the Bus' and 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' in Arabic and many more.

You and your child will:
•Learn in small classes of a maximum of 6 families
•Practice singing with a native Arabic speaker
•Be inspired by fun songs to help learn new vocabulary
•Receive an activity book to store your transliterated rhymes and new vocabulary so you can always sing them at home
•Receive a CD of the rhymes to facilitate learning at home
•Children will be offered light snacks to replenish their energy after all the excitement

Other Information
Sessions are term time and are run in a 6-week block to ensure continuity and progression of learning. Sessions available are:
Wednesday afternoon 2:00pm- 2:30pm
Thursday afternoon 2:00pm- 2:30pm

Fees per child is £30 for 6 weeks. Fees paid half termly in advance. Pre-booking is essential. Second sibling £2 pay as you go.

Contact Details
Places are offered on a first come, first served basis so payment is required to secure your place. To book email emuahatim@hotmail.com with the following details:
oYour name, your child’s name and age and a contact number
oWhich session you’d like to book onto
oWhether you’ll be paying by cheque or bank transfer

Aishaum4 Thu 21-Aug-14 13:28:32

i found the best school in north london is alryan Saturday school inside college of north west London only for satrdays dont have thier no or post code but you can on the google .

sw11mum Thu 18-Sep-14 15:03:00

Arabic Club for Kids: www.arabicclub.co.uk/
Ealing Arabic School: www.ealingarabicschool.com/

Both have Quran as optional. You can opt-out if you wish too. Note the first teaches just Quran, whereas the second religion.

yazfab Mon 22-Sep-14 10:40:19

Was wondering if you managed to find an Arabic Sat school in North London? I am looking for one for my kids but can't find any unless its a whole Sat until 3/4 pm and always religious based.
I was wondering if you knew many people interested in Arabic classes on a Sat morning from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm. I might be interested in finding out if its worth opening one! but not sure how much demand their is. Can anyone let me know if you know anyone interested? I live in Highgate so I would like to pick a place not too far from my area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now