Looking for French nusury/childminder for babies around 1yr in Ealing/Chiswick

(14 Posts)
gemmaedet Sun 15-Jul-12 20:37:14

Hi All,

I am a bit struggling to find french nursury / childminder to take babies from small age( a few months ). I plan to get back to work next June, baby will be close to 1 year old by that time..the French nursury around Ealing/Chiswick take babies from ages of 2 upwards. Even it's a tiny bit further, we might be able to commute by car / tube etc.

Anyone got ideas?

Thanks,

natation Sun 15-Jul-12 20:42:33

Comprehensive list of child care and schools in French in London. If any are missed off, it's because they have open very recently.

batchgeo.com/map/a1bcb3313b7fbeb3eadb741121c55393

natation Sun 15-Jul-12 20:46:55

Les Trois Oursons near Paddington station is going to be your nearest.

gemmaedet Sun 15-Jul-12 20:50:28

Thanks Natation.

Had a look, all the schools start from La Toute Petite Section, which take kids from 2 years old onwards.

We're looking for nursuries / childminders taking babies from 1 year. We've found it quite difficult.

Thanks.

natation Sun 15-Jul-12 22:53:00

The map contains nurseries for 1 year olds, it's not just schools, it's all child care and schools from 1 years old to 18 years old. All the settings marked in purple accept children under the age of 3 years old, 4 of them accept 1 year olds.

gemmaedet Mon 16-Jul-12 10:45:17

Thanks a lot Natation.
Pity the closest one seems to be in paddington, which is quite far away and inconvenient.

No idea how other parents living in Ealing do...

SUMMERFRUIT Mon 16-Jul-12 11:32:29

I'm near Wimbledon so a bit too far from you ! Hope you find someone !

natation Mon 16-Jul-12 12:03:58

English or any other language a childminder might speak? Honestly it won't do them any harm, 1 year without French at nursery. Or a French speaking au-pair.

gemmaedet Mon 16-Jul-12 16:28:22

My hubby is French. I am chinese.
Would like to send the baby to French childminder/nursury for half of the week, and Chinese nanny for the other half.

It does look difficult. Don't known how others cope with trilingual arrangement.

Bonsoir Mon 16-Jul-12 16:30:15

Why not advertise for a French/Chinese nanny? You can get them in France, so you could import one.

natation Mon 16-Jul-12 17:44:17

If your husband is French and you live in Chiswick, then you have 2 sections of the lycée francais near you in Fulham and Jacques Prévert too, your baby could start in MS at 2 out of 3 of these schools (according to their websites) and go until CM2 at 11 years old, so long as you can get places - cost is between 4k and 6k before any funding from the French government for being French nationals. From the age of 2 to 4, you could try for a place at nearby Le Hérisson perhaps in TPS and PS, you might get 3 years funding there for PS year as it's OFSTED inspected, maybe also French government funding as it's homologué? That leaves you with the year from 1 to 2 years old where the choices in French are small. If your child is indeed going to be educated in future in French / English, then perhaps this is the year you could add more Chinese? There must be Chinese childminders around surely, I'd expect more Chinese speaking childminders than French, but then it's going to depend on which Chinese language isn't it?

3 languages should be no problem at all, you already have the ideal with 2 languages at home and I'd imagine the 3rd between parents and also it is the community language. It's quite normal around here, it's unusual to be monolingual where we live, it might be a problem for monolingual Brits living in London but certainly not for the multilingual community there.

I have an excel spreadsheet with the fees, number of classes, age groups, links to OFSTED reports and websites of all the educational settings on that map - you can have a copy if you want, just send your email in a pm.

natation Mon 16-Jul-12 17:53:08

Ok I see you're actually in Ealing, so that means la Chouette school and the André-Malraux section of LF are going to be nearest to you.

Just a thought, how about contacting Le Hérisson and La Chouette schools and asking THERE if they know any French speaking childminders or if you are able to use their communication facilities such as school newsletters / noticeboards to put up advertising for a French childminder? Maybe you could do this at André-Malraux too?

gemmaedet Mon 16-Jul-12 18:49:17

Thank you soo much Natation !

Believe or not, it's more difficult to find Chinese childminders. Chinese community is way much smaller. We'll be very lucky to find a chinese nanny that we can trust later on.

Thanks for the great idea. I will contact them to ask about childminders in Ealing.

Bluebird113 Sat 29-Sep-12 23:47:24

Hi

I live in Chiswick and am looking for a Chinese nanny/child minder too!! Would you want to share one?? I'm not sure how to message you privately but if you are interested please contact me at alice_grant@me.com x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now