Any Hindi/Urdu speaking mums of toddlers in SW London

(5 Posts)
Bundle20 Fri 09-Aug-13 08:18:55

Brilliant idea! I must be the only person who isn't on Facebook so I'll set myself up.... Thanks.

YouSayPotato Thu 08-Aug-13 22:59:35

Hi

Ive got two kids and speak urdu, understand hindi (used to watch humari devrani!!!)

Im west of greater london and can travel to london.

Maybe we could set up a facebook group

Bundle20 Thu 08-Aug-13 22:51:10

Hello lightwind. I do still hope you're logging into this site regularly. I feel exactly the same and I'm in a very similar situation with my young daughters. I live in south east London but I'm happy to travel or meet equidistantly to set up a Urdu/Hindi speaking group for young children in the same circumstances. I'm very keen to get a group organised to give children confidence in speaking the language and to share DVDs/books etc. it is essential for children to know that there are children like them in the same situation who are also bilingual speaking both Urdu/Hindi & English. Please do get in touch.

Cgulati Sat 01-Dec-12 03:02:48

Hi,

Which part of SW London do u live in?

lightwind Wed 02-Feb-11 06:37:04

Hi
I grew up in India,although I've lived in London since 1992. I have a nearly 3 yr old son and am really keen that he grows up speaking Hindi, and that he is familiar with Indian culture. I do my best on my own, but most of our close family live in India, and I haven't any friends with children who speak Hindi. I would love to meet up with any other mums in SW London who would also like their kids to feel comfortable speaking Hindi/Urdu.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now