Any Hindi/Urdu speaking mums of toddlers in SW London

(5 Posts)
lightwind Wed 02-Feb-11 06:37:04

Hi
I grew up in India,although I've lived in London since 1992. I have a nearly 3 yr old son and am really keen that he grows up speaking Hindi, and that he is familiar with Indian culture. I do my best on my own, but most of our close family live in India, and I haven't any friends with children who speak Hindi. I would love to meet up with any other mums in SW London who would also like their kids to feel comfortable speaking Hindi/Urdu.
Thanks

Cgulati Sat 01-Dec-12 03:02:48

Hi,

Which part of SW London do u live in?

Bundle20 Thu 08-Aug-13 22:51:10

Hello lightwind. I do still hope you're logging into this site regularly. I feel exactly the same and I'm in a very similar situation with my young daughters. I live in south east London but I'm happy to travel or meet equidistantly to set up a Urdu/Hindi speaking group for young children in the same circumstances. I'm very keen to get a group organised to give children confidence in speaking the language and to share DVDs/books etc. it is essential for children to know that there are children like them in the same situation who are also bilingual speaking both Urdu/Hindi & English. Please do get in touch.

YouSayPotato Thu 08-Aug-13 22:59:35

Hi

Ive got two kids and speak urdu, understand hindi (used to watch humari devrani!!!)

Im west of greater london and can travel to london.

Maybe we could set up a facebook group

Bundle20 Fri 09-Aug-13 08:18:55

Brilliant idea! I must be the only person who isn't on Facebook so I'll set myself up.... Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now