czech mums

(10 Posts)
janca Thu 27-Jan-11 21:44:45

Hi, any Czech mums living near Exeter??
I have a boy (10) and a girl (8), and have lived in Devon for the last 12 years. I have tried, on and off, looking for other Czechs living nearby but it seems that you're all in London, or other faraway places I have recently discovered another Czech lady in Exeter but it would be nice to find someone with children, so that my kids have someone else to talk to in Czech apart from me, which gets VERY tiring.
If there's anyone out there it would be lovely to hear from you.

bearhug Thu 03-Feb-11 12:18:01

in the same boat here - trying to find other Czech speakers in our area for my DS and DP to speak with. Nowhere near Exeter unfortunately!

lululint Mon 27-Jun-11 20:53:50

Hi there,well I'm czech with english husband living in Portishead which is near Bristol.I have a 17 month old baby boy whom I'm hoping to be bilingual!Is that any good?smile

MamaMarketa Fri 19-Aug-11 10:54:43

Mile Maminky
ja jsem z Birminghamu a mam 7 mesicni Elisku. Take chceme, aby krome anglictiny zvladla i cestinu. Co takhle zalozit Czech Mums Group? Mam venue, ted potrebuju sehnat matky a deti - tak kdo se prida? Pro cesky pokec na tema deti, volejte 07840199934.

Zdravim, Marketa

Czgirl Sat 03-Mar-12 00:24:19

Are there any Czech mums in Bristol with children who would like to meet up? I am Czech and my daughter is 4 years old- I am trying to encourage her to speak Czech! Playing with other Czech/ English children would really help the language I guess.

Kveta Sun 06-May-12 18:14:28

Czech DH here, we're near Cambridge/North Herts. DS is 2, and we have other Czech friends around here, but would love to meet others smile

HappyJoyful Wed 30-May-12 14:53:00

Don't know if there is much interest or anyone watching this thread at the moment given the last post was 3 weeks ago.

However, I have been wondering very similar things to some of you.. I have a Slovak DH (I'm English) .. would be keen if there are any meet ups in nearby area's to go along, I know DH misses home and speaking his native tongue.. and I'd also like our dd to hear much more of the language so she hears it / can start speaking it (she's 17months).

We're in Buckinghamshire.. not sure that's near anyone ?!

sunshinetrees Fri 02-Aug-13 10:27:35

I know these messages are from a long time ago but I live in Exeter and have a 7 month old with English/Czech parents and am look for other Czechs in Exeter so that my daughter can speak Czech regularly as Daddy away alot and Mummy learning the language slowly!!! Also looking for a Czech childminder/au pair if anyone has any tips.

birgin123 Sun 13-Oct-13 11:52:04

Hi, there is a Czech/ Slovak group in Exeter.. all info on this website http://www.czech-school-exeter.co.uk/

KlaraB Sat 02-Nov-13 13:23:52

Hi any mums from East London -Newham? fancy meeting up for a coffee( or wine and a chat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now