Greek playgroup in London?

(36 Posts)
Maria2007loveshersleep Sat 18-Dec-10 18:34:52

Hi, I have a 2.5 year old DS & would love to set up a playgroup with Greek families (or find an existing one) so that our children can (hopefully) practice greek.

I'm getting a bit worried with my DS because even though DP & I are both greek & we talk to him in Greek, he responds in English only. He does have some Greek words & understands what we say to him in Greek, but only talks in English.

Do you know of any playgroups in North / NW London (or central, even)? Or is anyone interested in trying to set up one?

aleko Fri 27-Dec-13 14:13:39

Hi all, since 2011 there is a regular Greek playgroup in Kensal Rise (north west London) called Milo (Mothers In LOndon). It is a not-for-profit voluntary group and nonetheless well organised and very regular. We run two groups, a drop-on bi-weekly class for babies and toddlers and a monthly pre-paid class with creative activities for older children until about 7 years old. If you are interested, please email us on for more information.

Thea78 Mon 10-Feb-14 18:27:16

dear all,

are there any greek mothers in the Richmond, st Margaret's area of Londin who run a playgroup for babies? or maybe mothers who would like to form a playgroup?

joe80 Tue 11-Feb-14 00:43:44

hi thea78,

I live in wandsworth and I am interested in organising a new greek playgroup

Ems9 Tue 27-Jan-15 17:35:22

Hi there! I live near wimbledon and i have a 1year old girl. Any greek playgroups around we can join?

Murtlelon Fri 11-Sep-15 07:26:23

Hi All
I live near Wimbledon and wonder if there are any Greek playgroups we could join? My son is 2 years old. I need to practise my Greek and want him to get used to hearing it in a different environment. There has been mention of groups above in the SW area but not sure if any have been formed since.

Ems9 Sun 20-Sep-15 23:04:33

I live in Raynes Park and I have a little girl who turns 2 in December. I am also looking for a greek playgroup in the area or for any greek families that would like to meet up in nearby parks, play areas and get the children together. Looking forward to hear back from you!

Murtlelon Mon 28-Sep-15 07:08:27

Hi Ems9
I've not had any luck finding a playgroup. Tried to contact the group but got no reply. Will try again.

Ferflux Fri 02-Oct-15 17:51:15

I also close by, South Wimbledon. I am Spanish but my husband is Greek and we have a 2 year old daughter. Would love to meet up for playdates if you want... as it seems there is no greek playgoers around here.

roses2 Fri 09-Oct-15 08:28:11

Does anyone know of any Greek playgroups running in North London for toddlers?

Murtlelon Fri 09-Oct-15 13:52:06

Roses2, did you try Milo in North London? Details in the thread above?
Ferflux, I'd be happy to meet up.

Stephanieerosee Wed 15-Jun-16 15:16:40

Any luck organising anything in the sw??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now