New Portuguese-language playgroup in SE London

(5 Posts)
vdpmum Thu 09-Sep-10 09:41:35

Hi everyone,

I posted a message elsewhere in this topic and am now in the process of setting up a Portuguese playgroup for 0-5s in Dulwich/Herne Hill (likely venue is Herne Hill, near Lido/train station). We have backing from Lambeth Council -- they have a coordinator working to support Portuguese-speaking families, and there may even be cash available to help us too, as they do not have activities on this side of Lambeth yet.

The council coordinator is keen to meet with families to find out what we need from them -- ie a native-speaking coordinator, teaching materials etc. I am arranging a meeting with the coordinator in the next week or two, with a view to setting up the group next month -- please get in touch if you are interested in coming to the meeting and/or to the group.

EVERYONE is welcome, though the playgroup will be run in Portuguese.

You can post a reply here, or email me at clarafmarques@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks!

vdpmum Tue 21-Sep-10 10:19:31

Hi,

We are having a first meeting for parents in and around SE London (Herne Hill/Dulwich/Norwood) interested in the Portuguese playgroup next Wednesday, 29th, at the Brockwell Lido cafe at 10am. This won't be the definite venue as it's not a great one, but the idea is to meet up, meet the Lambeth language coordinator, work out how many we are and what we can do.
Hope you can join us!

Email me (email above) or portuguesparapequenos@yahoo.com for more info or if you are interested but can't make the meeting. Thanks!

Clara

Arewenearlythereyet2009 Fri 24-Sep-10 17:02:45

That's fantastic! I am very keen that my kids learn a language.. I was thinking of either Spanish or Portuguese as a great language to learn so i will talk it over with my DH and see what he thinks!

Thanks for the info vdpmum

Julie

JuGold Wed 15-Aug-12 18:09:35

Hey guys!!
I hope that this palygroup still exists. I live in Herne Hill and I am very keen in join a Portuguese speaking playgroup, as I speak to my son in Portuguese, he understands but replies just in English.
Can someone message me please?

kelwild Sat 25-Aug-12 14:40:46

hi, I have a 12 month old, very keen for him to learn European Portuguese as this is his Fathers first language- I do not speak, however I also am keen to at least understand. Would be very interested in being around native speakers (as long as they wouldn't mind a non speaker being involved!???)

Is this group still going ahead or do you know of any others?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now