Blackmore bonds

(7 Posts)
FizzyBanger Mon 24-Oct-16 12:14:42

Has anyone had any dealings with Blackmore? They are paying a very good fixed rate of interest over 4- or 5-year terms but have their own insurance covering deposits of up to £75k rather than being registered with the FSCS. TIA for any info/knowledge/advice.

Sunseed Mon 24-Oct-16 14:59:47

If it seems too good to be true........

kpodwyer Wed 02-Nov-16 15:20:30

I too am looking at investing and was looking at Blackmore Bonds. I think it's only just been set up this year and therefore looking for investors hence the good interest rate. I have been trying to find out more about them but there is little or no info as I think they have only recently set this up. Think I'll wait.

Sunseed Thu 03-Nov-16 06:49:16

The fact you can find little or no info should be waving big red flags at you!

MissMargie Thu 03-Nov-16 06:51:21

Is it being recommended on Money saving expert or the broadsheet papers.

Even that isn't a guarantee but if it's only online I'd steer clear.

Rico68 Tue 06-Dec-16 20:31:30

Hi as one of you was saying they have only just started so if I was you hold off and see how they perform in the next 2 to 3 years !! I to have tried looking them up and found very little info about them and hardly anything on the net so please stay clear of them for now I would hate to see any of you losing your hard earned money

caroldecker Tue 06-Dec-16 21:27:17

Its a property scheme. If prices go up, then you will be funding the owners who will get a much better return. If property goes down, you will lose the interest (not sure how valuable the insurance really is).
If you think property is the right place to invest then do so directly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now