How does money grow within a SIPP

(3 Posts)
lateSeptember1964 Wed 13-Jan-16 13:03:28

Not sure if thats the right title. I currently have a SIPP with about 20K in it. I have chosen a fund Im happy with but Im unsure how I make money from my investment. I understand that share prices rise and this increases my fund value. However today my fund is up by £400.00 am I supposed to sell at this point and keep this money in cash or reinvest. My worry is tomorrow it could be down by £300 so I effectively lost the opportunity to cash out that money? Or do I just have a hands off approach and wait?
This is an additional pension to my workplace pension and my NHS final salary, so Im quite keen to dabble in dealing.

Lucymatilde Wed 13-Jan-16 18:29:13

Just wait

Icequeen01 Sat 16-Jan-16 23:45:42

I converted an old company pension pot I had into a SIPP. It has about 100k in it and I will not touch it for about another 5 years (when I'm 60). The value goes up and down with the wind but I don't touch it. If you put money into investments you have to think long term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now